“Repeat visitors”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Halifax, Massachusetts
“Repeat visitors”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We've been here many times for both eat-in and take-out. Every experience, including catering has been a positive one. The people that work at Chili Head are very friendly and accommodating. The owner genuinely cares that we have been taken care of. We started with a very unique Thai chicken appetizer that was fantastic and followed that up with a burger that was too good to not finish but too big to actually finish for our son and barbecue plates for us that were flavorful and very tender. All of the side dishes were terrific and the Chili Head Cole slaw is worth the trip by itself. The atmosphere is very relaxing inside and you feel right at home as soon as you walk through the door.

Boston, Massachusetts
“OK barbeque”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am not an "expert" but I have had enough great barbeque and seen enough on tv to know the real deal. This place is pretty good. I wouldn't say there is anything "wrong" with it and the owner is a really nice guy, seems genuinely concerned. But I do not see a smoker or a pile of wood. I understand, you can do really good barbeque electrically or with gas. I do it at home. But the best places I have been to really smoke. Problem is the 50-75 miles I have to go to the nearest one. So this place will do, more than "do" actually...good ribs, drinks and music...just one step away from awesome.

• Visited July 2013
Boston
“Tasteless!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Kind of wished we had checked tripadvisor reviews before we drove a 1/2 hour to check this place out. Tasteless food was the theme of the night. Based on this visit we won't be back. And now that it is a day later, my husband vows NEVER to go back since he had "intestinal distress" all night after eating here!!

We visited on a Saturday night about 6pm.
Pros: no problems in service. We were greeted promptly, told to sit anywhere, had drink orders taken quickly, food order taken quickly, had (tasteless) food served promptly. Our waitress was trying really hard (almost to the point of annoying, but that's just me). Their cornbread was the only good part of all of our meals. My son ordered the chicken nuggets and fries from the kids menu - he loved them (he's also 10 and never met a chicken nugget and french fry that he didn't like). I tasted the fries and they were hot and had seasoning on them - liked them too. Mind you, this was the ONLY food item that was seasoned!

Cons: floor was gross -not sure if they overwaxed it or if there was a layer of crud?! We ordered: bowl of chili - glad it wasn't tomato based - but it was tasteless and had pieces of meat that you needed to cut with a knife to eat cause it was either fatty, a hard, overcooked end or a too big fatty end. We ordered a half slab of St Louis ribs - on the first 4 ribs the meat was tender (but tasteless) and the last 2 ribs were inedible (hard and dried out meat). We also ordered a combo plate of pulled pork and brisket. My husband thought the pulled pork was ok (after he dumped about half a bottle of bbq sauce to try to flavor it) but not the brisket - it should have been tender but wasn't - almost like it wasn't fully cooked - half fat and flavorless to boot. It seems as though they cook the meat without any seasoning - dry rub or sauce - which explains why everything is tasteless. The waitress brought out a 4 pack of squeese bottles of various flavors of warm bbq sauce. Upon first taste, we thought hmm good - but the more we ate it the more tasteless it became (except the hot one - which was too hot to eat). The sides were equally tasteless: corn, mac & cheese, spanish rice. and the spicy coleslaw was all time BAD! It had a rubbery quality to it - we couldn't even stab it with a fork. The cabbage pieces were too big to be in a coleslaw - gave up trying to eat it. There was only one dessert item - fried oreos. I wanted to try them but the rest of my family couldn't be convinced that they wouldn't be tasteless so we didn't order them. Couldn't imagine how loud the main dining room would have been if the band had been playing (about 6 players came in to set up their equipment and its not that big a room).

I think this is the kind of place you go to listen to live music, drink beer, get hammered and not care if the food is tasteless.

Brockton, Massachusetts
“Horrible”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Chili Heads in West Bridgewater? Forget it! Went for birthday celebration ribs - stood at the hostess station for 5 minutes without even a hello; someone finally yelled over the blaring music 'hey, sit anywhere'. Sat at a table and waited for EXACTLY 12 minutes -- not even a 'hello' or 'I'll be with you in a minute'. Gave up, left and was not even noticed. Folks, find another place to eat where they actually like their customers. Horrible.

Boston, Massachusetts
“overrated and yuck”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Was told the place is packed on week ends and great, so went on a week day. There were a few occupied tables. The service was so slooooooooooowww, and the order was messed up. Cold food and forgetting items that were included in the meal. The ribs look boiled were tough, tasteless, rubbery and the bark nondescript. Brisket sandwich had no smokiness was bland but tender enough. Chili fries NASTY I've eaten better dirt. The warmed up sauces cant even save this dreck. The only redeeming thing was the jerk chicken. Never again...make the drive and go to Redbones in Somerville or find a Fireflies.

• Visited July 2013