“Great Thai take out”

Brown Rice Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 23, 2017

Decided to do take out as we were unsure if there would be a wait, we had seen online they had limited tables. I called my take out order in and headed over. Although there are only about 8 - 10 tables, it seemed they were turning the tables over as soon as people left. We ordered yellow curry chicken and cashew nut beef with a side of crab rangoons. The ragoons are more of a cube than flat, but the flavor was great. Not sure what was mixed into the cream cheese and crab mix but it was very flavorful. The curry dish had a nice level of heat and all the food have good flavors and was very fresh. I did have a thai iced tea while I waited and I did not love it. But overall I was happy.

They do have a byob policy so that is an interesting option

Reviewed September 9, 2017

Visited last night for a quick dinner before a football game. Started with the appetizer sampler, good, but would order the chicken satay and crab ragoon alone next time. The clear broth soup with chicken was the star of the evening. The broth was amazing, can't wait to get it next time. The spicy pad thai was also very good.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Having literally eaten at Thai restaurants all across America for the last 25+ years, I know good Thai food. In the past 3 weeks I've eaten at Racha Thai in Worcester which was OK as well as Thai Place in Webster which was very good but Brown Rice Thai is excellent. Cashew Nut with shrimp and squid was stir cooked in a truly delicious brown sauce that was mildly seasoned with Thai spices that did not overwhelm the food: very tasty! One of the customers said that there was a lot of food for a luncheon dish and I would agree: the lunch portions are larger than most Thai restaurants. The amount of rice that came with the entree was also larger than at most Thai restaurants. Also, I had requested that the Chicken Satay be cooked 'well done' and that was exactly how it came out. The peanut sauce had just a touch of smoky flavor that made it stand out from all the rest and the sweet sauce with the carrot and onion bits was excellent too. The Thai tea was hearty and tasted great. While I would agree with the reviewer who said that the decor is plane at best...go for the food!
My only complaint revolves around the issue of knowing your customer. The day I was there, all 7 of the people dining there, were over 65...and yet, the music playing on the radio was loud, 'head-splitting' and obnoxious: NOT customer friendly!
I will however, be returning to Brown Rice Thai with my wife who is also a big fan of Thai food.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

Great people who make delicious, fresh food. They pay very close attention to allergies, which is important to us.

We ordered a litany of dishes, including the crab rangoon, chicken satay, pad see ew, and scallion pancakes and were impressed with each!

The chicken satay here is the tastiest I've ever had, definitely get it!

Their pad see ew spiciness ratings (mild, medium etc) are actually accurate unlike many other restaurants. If you are sensitive to spice, they can do any dish non-spicy.

Very accommodating and friendly!

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Brown Rice is a very basic, small restaurant seating less than 3 dozen. They offer a good variety of Thai food at prices slightly higher than expected. We started with crab Rangoon, which to our surprise was very different from the Chinese version and much better. They arrived piping hot, 6 tiny square packets of very soft, fresh tasting crab filled wontons pulled up in a center twist. I would happily have made a meal on that dish alone if it weren't so costly at $6/order! Instead I had Tom yum soup with more chicken than needed. Next visit I might ask for additional veggies and less chicken. The broth was yummy. My husband had an equally good yellow curry with tofu, which provided 2 more meals for the week at home.
Service was friendly and reasonably prompt. The primary area needing improvement is the decor and basic structure. A rehab. is long overdue, and is the reason for a score of 4 stars rather than 5. However, we are repeat customers since for our tastes this is the best Thai restaurant in our area.