“Just okay.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Boylston
Maryland
“Just okay.”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The Worcester hotels were full, and the Family is in W.B., so I gave it another try (as I have over the years). When it opened in the 60s as a HoJos, it was considered deluxe. That was before the pool was filled in.
My impression came the smell of smoke in the hallway, and the tired carpeting. My room had a fridge and a micro (which is more than can say for the Courtyard Marriott). Box TV. Bathroom was clean enough - decent supply of towels. Old bedspread. Took that off immediately and folded down to the fresh sheets.
I wanted the ground floor (no elevators), but that kept me in the dark for 2 days. I had to keep the drapes closed over the sliders. The sidewalk was right outside, and the cars in the lots would pull up 6 feet from my room. If you opened the drapes, people could look right in.
The inability to connect via Wi-Fi was being diagnosed while I was there.
Front desk was pleasant.
Several places to eat are right nearby. You can walk to 3 restaurants (none of which I particularly cared for). Steves Pizza, down the road, is a local favorite (no delivery, no credit cards). West Boylston Seafood has good, fresh seafood "in the rough", with Take Out available (call ahead). I always grab some lobsters. The Italian restaurant at Gerardo's Bakery is very popular. The baked goods are fabulous (it was so busy at Christmas I couldn't get in the door). For Chinese sit-down, Lee Cheoy's across the reservoir is quite pleasant (take out available). They are reliably open 365 days a year!
Breakfast was very "continental". I settled for tea and a bagel.

Room Tip: If you want the ground floor, ask for a room on "the old swimming pool side". You will avo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank vaughnv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We booked 7 rooms at this hotel for our daughter's wedding 10/22/11. Carol McAdams, the owner was wonderful. She went the extra mile to assure we had the best stay possible. My husband and I stayed in a second floor room overlooking the parking lot. The room was clean, a mix of old furnishings and new upgrades, and the bed was firm but comfortable. The free breakfast was great. Everyone in our party was happy with their rooms too. For the price, this was a great find! Anyone who needs a hotel in the Northern Worcester area should stay at the Classic Suites & Inns in West Boylston!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the continental breakfast and the restaurant next door serves great dinners.
2 Thank Mary H
Northern, New York
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed here when visiting a niece working at Heifer International in Rutland. It was a easy drive back and forth. It was also an easy drive into Worcester to get the train into Boston. The view of the pool area is very pleasant. The rooms were neat and clean. The staff was helpful and personable. We'll be in the area again soon and plan on staying here.

Hilltown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Classic Suites & Inns in West Boyston, MA. We live in Pennsylvania and my son was getting married in Sterling Mass. We are not familiar with the area and chose to stay at the Inn based on the reasonable price, and its close location to both the wedding venue and O'Connors pub, the location for the wedding rehearal luncheon.

The hotel staff provided us with a discount based on the number of rooms rented for the wedding, and also allowed us to checkout at a later time since the check-in for our next hotel at the wedding venue did not give us time to get dressed.

The staff was marvelous; the hotel was clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. This hotel is making a huge effort to update and improve its facilities.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ChesapeakeDreams
Plant City, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed at this location while visiting family in the area. The staff was exceptional in the fact that we stayed more than a few days but less than a week and were given the weekly rate which saved us a great deal of money

The room is equipped with your basic kitchen set up and there is more than one market inn the area. There is an Italian Bakery within a few miles to die for and the property is sandwiched by two eaties. The one that we used (the Mill) had a great menu. The hotel also provides a basic continental breakfast

The only issue that we had was with a guest that was staying across the hall and was a bit loud. To management credit is was taken care of.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

We are not from the area and did not know what to expect. But we loved it here! The staff was exceptional! The continental breakfast was fantastic and we had everything we needed. You can beat the value and so close to the city of Worcester. We will definitely stay there again and highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2011
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
Beechwood Hotel
Beechwood Hotel
#6 of 9 in Worcester

Been to Classic Suites & Inns? Share your experiences!