My wife and I are seasoned travelers, but relatively new to B&B’s. That being said, we have had wonderful stays at charming B&B’s in Estes Park, CO; Kennebunkport, ME; Charleston, SC, Washington, GA; and, Savannah, GA. Unfortunately, for us, the High Pointe Inn did not meet the same standards as the B&B’s from our previous experiences. High Pointe IS NOT charming. It is a 60’s style small home that has been converted to an Inn. Although clean, its appointments are bare. The floor covering that was in our room can best be likened to that which you find in a commercial office. Thin and made for traffic. The photos of the rooms on tripadvisor are misleading. Intended to present charm and appeal when in fact they are just plain. The owners, Rich and Debbie, are friendly but in a formal way. We did not find them warm or hospitable. Upon arriving at High Pointe, Rich asked if I “needed help” in taking our bags up to our room, rather than grabbing a bag and helping. The sincerity just wasn’t there. The night before our departure, I had difficulty printing our boarding passes from the guest computer so I buzzed Rich on the house phone to see if he had any ideas (this was the first and only time during our stay I attempted to reach him). He didn’t answer so I left a message that I wasn’t able to print my passes. (I am an engineer and adept at computers so was eventually able to solve the problem on my own.) The next morning I went down to the kitchen where Rich and Debbie were preparing breakfast, to let them know I had worked the problem out. When I knocked on the kitchen door and poked my head in it was quite awkward. I was made to feel like I had intruded into their private space. Debbie was more interested in settling my bill before I left the Inn, than concerned that I hadn’t been able to print our passes (in fact, she or Rich never asked about my previous night’s problem, I had to bring it up). On the positive side, the breakfasts were very good and our fellow travelers were delightful. That the High Pointe Inn is rated so high and has received awards is a mystery to me. It doesn’t come close to others that have received tripadvisor’s highest rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With views across the marsh and dunes to Cape Cod Bay, this romantic bed and breakfast inn is well-deserving of the many awards it has earned, including being named one of the 2013 Top Ten Romantic Inns. Each spacious room or suite offers an en suite bath, high speed internet access, complimentary beach towels, chairs and totes, as well as individual controls for heat or AC and an in-room refrigerator. Breakfast is included in the rate, along with afternoon baked goods, and a complimentary after-dinner drink from the cordials bar. Whether you choose a deluxe ocean-view room or a garden suite with fireplace and deck you will be delighted with the friendly service and warm welcome you will receive from the innkeepers, Debbie and Rich. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your High Pointe Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Pointe Hotel West Barnstable
- High Pointe Inn West Barnstable, MA - Cape Cod