“A Nice Tea Room...”
Review of Dorset Tea & Coffee - CLOSED

Dorset Tea & Coffee
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The Dorset Tea & Coffee is a small venue on Washington Street in Wellesley. I have been many times for their wonderful Earl Grey Tea and a light salad or sandwich. They do offer special teas for groups, which I hear are quite nice. I did get a bad salad there once and they were not very apologetic...the roasted red peppers had gone by...they did bring me something else. Their imported ham on a baguette is a very nice choice. I would stay away from the quiches. The woman who is usually at the counter taking orders and the money is not friendly at all...If I were the management, I would rethink that position. As I say, the salads are fresh and made right there and the French baguettes are wonderful. The establishment is small and sometimes there is not enough room to sit, but in the nicer weather they put a few tables on the sidewalk, which is a great option. I see now that they are open for breakfast, but I have not tried it yet. The one time I had the quiche is was not good. They have local artists work on dispaly and often times the work is really intersteing and can stimulate conversations. One time I ordered sandwiches for an office meeting and they did a really nice job with that order. Despite the negatives I have mentioned, I will go back, because to go for tea and pastry is a real treat and they do that very well. They understand that the "tea" experience is to be enjoyed!

Reviewed September 18, 2009

I arrived early for a business meeting in Wellesley and was directed to this charmer by my GPS system. What a pleasant surprise: a short stop for a cup of coffee turned into a repeat visit the following week for lunch with colleagues. The place was packed and we had to wait a while before a table opened up (we considered sharing a table but our patience paid off). Two of us had sandwiches (the Italian ham on French bread is a winner!), the other member of our party is on a perpetual diet (not only did she eat everything, she wiped the plate clean with bits of bread -- apparently the chicken caesar salad was that good). The experience is "gourmet" but relaxed, something I know my wife will love once the kids are settled in from our move up from New York. Can't wait to go back and try the breakfast. -- DrLU

1  Thank DrLUMD
Reviewed July 25, 2009

For a "neighborhood" spot this is the most unfriendly "customer" not friendly restaurant you can imagine. The tea was good, but pricey. For great scones, coffee and tea, go further down the street to QueBrada.

1  Thank BostonGolfer
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Boston
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Spectacular! Wonderful coffee and tea. The two sisters who opened this have very high quality standards -- the lemon scones (baked by one of the owners) uses rich, European butter and is server with clotted cream, lemon curd (and if you want, jam).

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook