“A discovery”
Review of Alta Strada

Alta Strada
Reserve with OpenTable
Alta Strada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Wellesley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Weston Road
Boston, Massachusetts
“A discovery”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Really good food and wonderful staff. All people in the restaurant were thoughtful, friendly and hospitable. We came in a bit late and even though they were closing soon they made us feel completely welcome.

• Visited October 2012

“Sunday evening the place was hopping”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were glad we made reservations because this restaurant was packed at 7:30! The food was very good and moderately priced. To start we did 5 small plates for $24 as appetizers - all very good. The entres were all very good...the mushroom lune pasta dish was my favorite. Desserts were out of this world good. We will definitely return sooner rather than later.

Wellesley, Ma
“Great waitress but food didn't live up to expectations!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Danielle, our waitress, was great attentive but not in our face and was willing to share her recommendations on wine and food rather than just saying that everything was great. The food, however, just did not match the service. My appetizer, an apple and cranberry salad with arugula had one small apple slice in it; I asked for more since it was a key ingredient. After our appetizers were cleared, it took about 20 minutes for our entrees to arrive - we were really beginning to wonder about it. When it arrived, my pasta dish was piping hot but my husbands lamb chops were barely warm, as if they sat on a warming table while my pasta was being cooked - how else to explain the difference in temperatures. We did speak to the manager and his response was to give us a $50 gift card to come back! Well, we used it on this meal since we really don't want to come back for the food.

• Visited September 2012
Middletown, New Jersey, USA
“pleasant experience all around”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We enjoyed this really good streetfront casual place. Solid Italian food with a creative twist. The waitstaff was great. I appreciated the extensive by-the-glass winelist. The bar area is charming. We went on a Sunday evening and the place was filled with families having a good time. Our table was in the back corner and it was a nice location; quiet and close to the serving station.

• Visited August 2012
Denville, New Jersey
“Need to Come Back!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great little place in the 'burbs. Service was attentive, food was excellent. I had the mushroom lune (thanks to all the previous reviewers who recommended that!), and it was mushroom perfection. My friend had the haddock, which had a lovely presentation and also reportedly tasted fantastic.

I really do need to go back and just do tapas. Or maybe try some of the appetizers... or the salads... you get the idea. Nice area, lots of parking nearby. It was completely full by the time we left on a Tuesday night, but I didn't think it was cramped or noisy.

• Visited August 2012