“Great waitress but food didn't live up to expectations!”
Review of Alta Strada

Alta Strada
Reserve with OpenTable
Alta Strada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Wellesley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Weston Road
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Danielle, our waitress, was great attentive but not in our face and was willing to share her recommendations on wine and food rather than just saying that everything was great. The food, however, just did not match the service. My appetizer, an apple and cranberry salad with arugula had one small apple slice in it; I asked for more since it was a key ingredient. After our appetizers were cleared, it took about 20 minutes for our entrees to arrive - we were really beginning to wonder about it. When it arrived, my pasta dish was piping hot but my husbands lamb chops were barely warm, as if they sat on a warming table while my pasta was being cooked - how else to explain the difference in temperatures. We did speak to the manager and his response was to give us a $50 gift card to come back! Well, we used it on this meal since we really don't want to come back for the food.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We enjoyed this really good streetfront casual place. Solid Italian food with a creative twist. The waitstaff was great. I appreciated the extensive by-the-glass winelist. The bar area is charming. We went on a Sunday evening and the place was filled with families having a good time. Our table was in the back corner and it was a nice location; quiet and close to the serving station.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great little place in the 'burbs. Service was attentive, food was excellent. I had the mushroom lune (thanks to all the previous reviewers who recommended that!), and it was mushroom perfection. My friend had the haddock, which had a lovely presentation and also reportedly tasted fantastic.

I really do need to go back and just do tapas. Or maybe try some of the appetizers... or the salads... you get the idea. Nice area, lots of parking nearby. It was completely full by the time we left on a Tuesday night, but I didn't think it was cramped or noisy.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Excellent Italian food! I had the mushroom stuffed lune which was so very delicious. My daughter had the shrimp and grilled vegetable salad which was also excellent. I would recommend having the herb vinaigrette on the side....it was a bit too vinegary and maybe that was because there was too much on the salad. Our waiter was excellent, a great balance of helpful but not intrusive. The overall atmosphere was friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Tapas portion appetizers of huge marinated olives, cauliflower with blanched raisins, and golden beets were delicious, and the halibut entree was as generous and tasty as we've had. Good bread and olive oil provided, as well. The food here is really special. Excellent service, as well. The only drawback - our pet peeve - is cramped, elbow-to-elbow, banquette seating arrangements. We dined early and were able to get a corner table with privacy. We wouldn't want to be anywhere near this place at peak dining hours.