“Wonderful food in the suburbs.”
Review of Alta Strada

Alta Strada
Reserve with OpenTable
Alta Strada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Wellesley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Weston Road
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Excellent Italian food! I had the mushroom stuffed lune which was so very delicious. My daughter had the shrimp and grilled vegetable salad which was also excellent. I would recommend having the herb vinaigrette on the side....it was a bit too vinegary and maybe that was because there was too much on the salad. Our waiter was excellent, a great balance of helpful but not intrusive. The overall atmosphere was friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Tapas portion appetizers of huge marinated olives, cauliflower with blanched raisins, and golden beets were delicious, and the halibut entree was as generous and tasty as we've had. Good bread and olive oil provided, as well. The food here is really special. Excellent service, as well. The only drawback - our pet peeve - is cramped, elbow-to-elbow, banquette seating arrangements. We dined early and were able to get a corner table with privacy. We wouldn't want to be anywhere near this place at peak dining hours.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

At the end of the day, they either know what they're doing in the kitchen, or not. No question about it here. The kitchen has it together. Superb appetizers of house made Ricotta on crostini, a caponata that sung of freshness and fresh made pasta. The mussels came with a rich tomato brodo (broth) and more lovely bread to soak it up with. Desserts were, so so.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I hadnt heard to much about this restaurant, except heard of the name. My in-laws live in South Natick, so we drive through wellesley quite often. For christmas, my in-laws gave me a gift certificate for alta strada, I wanted to go for dinner but i got a take out sandwich instead, I was very impressed with the porchetta sandwich. After the sandwich, I convinced my wife to go to alta strada for my birthday dinner, also because her parents could take our dog, and they had said that they have had good meals as well. We were very late but ther were extremely accomodating and they were able to save a table near the window. All of the employees were extremely nice and our waiter was awesome. The bread was very good, and when he poured my martini, he took it to the very tip tap of the rim without spilling, which was yummy. I ordered the crusty meatballs as an appetizer and that dish was phenomenal. My main dish was the mushroom filled Lune, and that was phenemenal. We were having cake later so i did not get a desert. We, or I, had an awesome meal. As you can see from my other reviews, I have been to a lot of restaurants and can be a bit critical. My experience competes with some of Boston's best. Maybe some of their other dishes are just okay, and if that is what you have had, then you should try these two. I can't wait to go back. I don't know if I should try something else, although there were several other items that looked really good. The dining room itself is nothing special, and I can see this place getting very busy, so the earlier the better. Cheers.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is an extremely popular restaurant that appeals to the younger crowd, which apparently can afford the overpriced menu. Out appetizer and dessert ($10 for a strawberry/rhubarb tart) were the best part of our meal.