“A super brunch”
Review of Papa Razzi

Papa Razzi
Reserve with OpenTable
Papa Razzi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 70 Restaurants in Wellesley
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Street
Description: Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed brunch at this small chain eatery. I was delighted to see crepes on the menu. I have not had them in years, and Papa Razzi's fruit version was excellent and almost too much to eat in one sitting. There was a complimentary mimosa or bellini with brunch and it is a nice touch. The restaurant also offers cappuccino. The waiter named Kadir provided attentive, accurate service with charm. I'd certainly return.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Brought my social group here for Sunday brunch - a group of 18. We each ordered something different. The waiter (Kadir) was fabulous. So, attentive and gracious - took care of every little need, constantly refilling coffee without being asked, etc. and with a smile. He got all the orders correct and accommodated us each with separate checks. Nice atmosphere and beautifully decorated. Linen tables cloths and heavy table ware. Elegant. Would definitely return.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I stopped in Wellesley on our way to Boston and discovered this large and friendly Italian restaurant. Those of us with gluten sensitivities never go to Italian restaurants for obvious reasons, but my husband was craving pasta and so I resigned myself to eating an entree salad. Imagine my surprise when they gave me my own gluten free menu. My shrimp and pancetta polenta dish was fantastic. My husband's swordfish and risotto--the nightly special--was also wonderful, he told me. The restaurant is very large but we still had to wait 15 minutes for a table, even though it was a weeknight and the college is not in session.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We went year after a 2-3 year gap. Generally, I've always been impressed that Papa Razzi seems like such a step up from other more pedestrian Italian restaurants, but without a huge markup in price. First, the level of service is very professional and sophisticated, but not stuffy and overbearing. I can wear shorts on a hot day while they wear suits.

Second, the treatment of my kids was excellent. Kids menu options, quality of meal, tolerance were all superb. My chicken parm was very good. My wife, a good judge of Italian food, said her gnocchi was excellent. I have some grievances about the bruschetta: I prefer more the more traditional prep on sliced bread over their more stylish and syrupy concoction served beside toast triangles. Likewise, the salad was fresh, well assembled, but not as tasty or satisfying as it should be. Perhaps could use some more seasoning.

I'm glad Papa Razzi has survived the squeeze on restaurants after 2008. Clearly they survive by charging more than Bertuccis but delivering at least as much more in quality and service.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Food was very good. Atmosphere not so much. Air conditioning either not working or temperature set way too high. Restaurant was maybe half or two thirds full yet service was, while very friendly, incredibly slow. Final negative is poor parking in the vicinity. All in all a hassle to go.