“Dinner at Cafe Mangal”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Recently we had dinner at Cafe Mangal. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. I had sirloin steak which was the best steak I have had all year. Generous portion and cooked perfectly.
The only negative was that our chairs were uncomfortable.
Service was excellent. We will be back.

1  Thank MrDodge

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I went here on a Thursday night in February. With our reservation, they had table waiting for us. Good start. It then took close to 30 minutes before could order anything, and that was after my wife stopped a waiter that was passing by to attend to a table behind us that had come 15 minutes after us. We ordered two appetizers including their special for the night. They got one of them right. Rather than make a fuss, we just ate the incorrect one and moved onto dinner. As I said before, the food was excellent. When we ordered a single dessert to share, my wife asked if it would take long. The waiter said no so we ordered a cold dessert, no prep time. With only two other tables active in the restaurant, it still took them 10 minutes (yes, at this point we were timing them) to deliver this tasty finale. They offer to take your coat upon arrival, but when it came time to leave, I had to summon someone on their waitstaff to retrieve them for us after I had been standing by my table for a few minutes. In summary, even though the food was great, my wife and I will never go back there. Dining out is supposed to a joy and pampered expense not a frustrating experience.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I go to Cafe Mangal often for lunch.They serve generous portions of unusual salads. All are chopped to perfection and presented beautifully - it's their trademark. They also serve delicious sandwiches and home made soups. I like the soup and half sandwich combo which is served with a small salad. At lunch you place your order, pay at the register and then find a table. Your food is brought to you when ready. The line to place your order is often long and the restaurant can be crowded so I always go on the early side. It is however, worth the wait. It may be a Turkish restaurant, but don't worry if you're a meat and potato sort of person, there is plenty to choose from. Definitely on the pricey side for lunch but worth it.

1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We made a reservation for a table for 4 on a Saturday night after being told by numerous friends that we should try this restaurant. Table was ready, we were greeted promptly and everything was great from then on! Lovely ambiance. High quality Mediterranean dishes- we tried the duck, chicken and shish kebab after a shared meze plate and everything was delicious- the duck was cooked to perfection and melt-in-the-mouth tender. We had brought some nice wine with us and this was opened, poured and replenished without us having to ask. Service was attentive but not invasive. Pacing between courses was leisurely and not rushed as in so many restaurants. All the desserts we tried were outstanding but the hazelnut slice had our top vote. We accompanied our desserts with lattes and my husband had the Turkish coffee- a very nice finish to a most enjoyable dinner. Would recommend!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I went with some friends who have been to Turkey within the past year. We had a variety of dishes (I used Yelp to help me pick). Good food. Service was good. Even dessert was great. (Turkish Baklava is very good! More honey than other types.)

Highly recommend.