“Taste extravaganza!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: Commuter Rail to Wellesley Square
Description: Blue Ginger, located in Wellesley, brings urban dining and sophistication to the suburbs. In celebration of its 10-year anniversary, Blue Ginger expanded with a Rockwell Group-designed renovation, creating a chic, feng-shui inspired space with three distinct dining options. Enhancements include an updated main dining room in which to savor Ming's signature East-West cuisine, three private dining rooms, and the new Lounge at Blue Ginger, complete with cozy banquettes and a 10-stool granite bar. An Asian Tapas menu is served in the Lounge, featuring casual, shareable dishes like "Ming's Bings," Ming's East-West take on the burger. "Blue Ginger is unusual, not only because of the food or the room, but because it's a neighborhood restaurant of a type not found too often in the Boston area...those of us who live farther away will just have to travel now that the secret is out." --The Boston Globe *NOTE* Reservations are not accepted for The Lounge at Blue Ginger
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have to say - you have to book the table way in advance! But it worth it big time!!! One of the best restaurant experiences ever taste wise. The atmosphere is good too, nothing fancy but good. Love this place!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

While doing business I frequently eat out at the best restaurants in Boston and the surrounding area and have never been so compelled to write a review before my most recent visit to Blue Ginger.

Yes, the food and presentation is something that has been rightfully featured on many notable television cooking programs, but what I consider most important after the cuisine is service.

Our server Melissa was warm, welcoming, and professional. From beginning to end this dining experience was one of, if not the best that I've had in this area. I will be returning.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had lunch at Blue Ginger today. My expectations were high, given other reviews and friends' recommendations. I couldn't have been more disappointed: my steak salad was terrible. First: iceberg lettuce? I thought that was the "choice" offered in the 1950s. But in 2014? And I'm not talking Boston lettuce--but the utterly tasteless kind that... isn't worthy of a fine restaurant. And then: the steak: tough, overdone, again tasteless. And, to add insult to injury: a gloppy dressing, back to the '50s again--and way too much of it.

1  Thank intensehappytraveler
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am always a little skittish about celebrity restaurants. They rarely live up to the type. Blue Ginger is different! My foodie daughter has been dying to go so I reluctantly agreed. It was fantastic. The service was exceptional and we had a new Portuguese wine that was recommended, affordable and fabulous. We had the tuna poke, the calamari, lamb and skirt steak. We were so full but loved everything so much that we had desert: a light, wonderful caramel tart. Loved every bite and determined to go again.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I love a restaurant that has a good thing going and does not have any qualms about flaunting it. At the outset our server told us that they did not have any specials because everything in the menu is special! And how right he was. The cocktails were delectable and unusual - I had the pear margarita and it was awesome. The calamari and Foie Gras-Shiitake Shumai as appetizers were the "melt in your mouth" kind. Pan seared scallops was my entree - spectacular! The desert choices were many - we had sorbet, creme brulee and a cookie plate - yummy. There is definitely a subtle Asian touch to every item on the menu. Fusion at its best.

We have been to Blue Ginger three times now and each time has been a wonderful dining experience - consistency is key in a restaurant and it has proved that every time. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. Our server was a bit cold in the beginning but he "warmed up" later and was joking around with us.

The icing on the cake was when Ming Tsai made his appearance. The whole atmosphere was suddenly more charged and exciting! He made his rounds and chatted with us for quite a bit and eagerly agreed to have a photo taken with our group.

In closing I will say that this is a wonderful place to go to - a bit pricey but perfect for special occasions.