“Very good meal!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: Commuter Rail to Wellesley Square
Description: Blue Ginger, located in Wellesley, brings urban dining and sophistication to the suburbs. In celebration of its 10-year anniversary, Blue Ginger expanded with a Rockwell Group-designed renovation, creating a chic, feng-shui inspired space with three distinct dining options. Enhancements include an updated main dining room in which to savor Ming's signature East-West cuisine, three private dining rooms, and the new Lounge at Blue Ginger, complete with cozy banquettes and a 10-stool granite bar. An Asian Tapas menu is served in the Lounge, featuring casual, shareable dishes like "Ming's Bings," Ming's East-West take on the burger. "Blue Ginger is unusual, not only because of the food or the room, but because it's a neighborhood restaurant of a type not found too often in the Boston area...those of us who live farther away will just have to travel now that the secret is out." --The Boston Globe *NOTE* Reservations are not accepted for The Lounge at Blue Ginger
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Very good meal!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had the calamari appetizer and the lobster entree and both were really good. My wife had the shumai appetizer and the crab crusted halibut entree and, again, both were good. We both had 2 glasses of the house made limeade for our drinks and it was quite refreshing. The total cost of the meal, including tip, was $160 and I think that's a little pricey considering we didn't drink alcohol or have dessert. Don't get me wrong, it was a really good meal but I was blown away.

• Visited July 2013

Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Good Food With Long Waits For Everything”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food and wine was a 4 out of 5: My husband and I really like the menu and preparation at Blue Ginger. The halibut and the sablefish entrees were very good -- both beautifully prepared and with impeccable presentation. The wine selection contained a good variety of regions and price points. Our waitress suggested the 5 Rows cab (we prefer red to white even with fish) which was a very good choice based on our preferences in wine. Unfortunately, the service was a 2 out of 5: The experience was lost in the waiting and waiting and more waiting. At every transition point, there was a long pause of service (12-18 minutes at a time). There were other clients also patiently waiting to get the attention of the waitstaff. Although the food was very good, we will remember the experience as disappointing. At the end, our patience had simply run out. We have been to Blue Ginger before and have had a wonderful experience. Hopefully this was just an isolated incident. We will try it again later this summer and report back...

• Visited July 2013
Falmouth, MA
“Different from the Blue Ginger I Remember”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I last dined at Blue Ginger about 10 years ago and I remembered it fondly. The restaurant has changed significantly. First it is much, much bigger and the decor is blah and best described as fancy suburb chic. Although we enjoyed our meal, the menu is less Asian and again seems more geared to the local aging yuppies. Our server was wonderful and several of the dishes excellent. My wife had a spring pea soup and the butterfish, both delectable. I had an excellent appetizer of spring rolls followed by a salad recommended by our server, which was so-so. Excellent iced tea. Nice linch, but we probably will not go back.

New York City, New York
“A Real "Foodie" Destination”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a very nice lunch in Ming Tsai's flagship restaurant in Wellesley the other day. It seems so odd to find such a big and well-known restaurant in such a tiny town, but that only added to the charm. We started with the Shiitake-Leek Springrolls with Three Chili Dipping Sauce. It was delicious although not as playful as the ones we get from Jean Gorge's Spice Market in NYC.

I had the Fish Tacos with Warm Corn Tortillas, Black Bean Salsa and Avocado Cream which I really enjoyed although they were very messy to handle and I ended up eating most of them with a fork. Herr Kramer had Ming's signature dish of Sake-Miso Marinated Sablefish (a.k.a. Butterfish) with Wasabi Oil, Soy-Lime Syrup and Vegetarian Soba Noodle Sushi. It was excellent.

1 Thank Toxoman
Delhi, India
“For a special celebration, try Chef Ming's demo lunch - great experience.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My nephew just graduated from high school, and his parents arranged a lunch for about 16 people at the restaurant. Unbeknownst to me, the lunch featured Chef Ming of Food Network fame, who founded the restaurant. He demonstrated making one of our featured entrees (we had a menu of choices hand-selected by our host). He was engaging and entertaining and we could ask anything we wanted, since there were so few of us. I learned that I have been eating sushi incorrectly for years. To find out the proper way, well, . . . you'll just have to ask Ming himself. The food was flawless and the service wonderful. I don't know what it's like to be a "regular" diner, but our lunch was excellent from soup to nuts.

1 Thank DelhiExpat1