“Great Location Great Room and very Hospitable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wellesley Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wellesley
Wellesley Bed & Breakfast
You added Wellesley Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 2 Wellesley B&B and Inns
Bethel, Maine
“Great Location Great Room and very Hospitable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed one night at this lovely Inn. It is away from the city hassle but near many stores and restaurants, and within minutes of downtown. Comfortable room and bed, many amenities and an extremely helpful assistant innkeeper named Don. We enjoyed it very much, and hope to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FolksfromMaine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I chose to stay here because of the great reviews it had gotten, the good price, and the location. The room had everything you could want, including a fluffy robe, something that few high-end hotels provide. The bed linens and towers were sumptuous. The bathroom had extra toiletries and towels, there was more then plenty of everything you might need. Although there were two other rooms with guests during my stay, I didn't hear a sound from anywhere. The bathroom was immaculately clean with wonderfully bright lighting. It's clear that the owners do all they can to make this place inviting and restful for their guests. I was sorry not to have met Margot, but Donnie could not have been more helpful and nice. The location was perfect, on a quiet street but only a few minutes' walk to the little "downtown" of Wellesley Hills, which has a wonderful bakery for breakfast as well as other little shops. I would recommend this B&B without qualification. Thank you to Margo and Donnie for your wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mimberani
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Margot Hampe the owner was very pleasant company and like many in the US now was quite happy to entertain two Canucks for a short stay. We stayed in the Honeymoon Romance room for 3 nights. Quite comfortable with no outdoor noise at all. The shower had high end bath products and there were lots of towels. Furniture of mirrors kept us feeling like we were in a larger space. The Indian restaurant around the corner was quite reasonable and filling The breakfasts were well thought out with personal touches you can only get in B&Bs. Margot ensured little treats were handy for us upon our return at night. We were very close to the T which at 21$ a couple round trip was a steal considering the speed and convenience to get to downtown Boston with all it's neighbourhoods within close proximity. I recommend the upper deck tours for two days. Hop on Hop off as much as you want with a large territory. The drivers are real characters. All in all our hats off to Margot for her hospitality and cheer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PLQMaestro
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We were looking for a nice B&B close to Boston and close to the commuter rail. Wellesley B&B was perfect for this. On a quiet street and less than a 5 minute walk to the rail station. Had a great stay.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Timothy F
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Lovely room, comfortable bed, excellent breakfast. Definitely this is a much better option than some of the local hotels if you need to stay near the campuses of Wellesley, Babson, Brandeis, or Bentley. Also a nice alternative to the very high Boston prices, as this lovely little house is only a 30 minute drive from the Prudential Center and Logan Airport. I'm staying there for one night of Babson Parents' Weekend next month.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank JanMcKArlington_VA
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My family of 4 came to Wellesley for my daughter's graduation. We stayed in this BnB from May 24 to 27. This was the first time my husband visited this area and my daughter booked this hotel for us since it was close to the college.

When my daughter booked the hotel, we were told to pay around 150 per day for suite and 130US for regular room. However when we checked out, she charged us 200US for each room and gave us the excuse of holiday season!

My husband was taking a nap in the afternoon when the lady pounding heavily on the door asking him to move our car. She was very rude.

Originally we booked three rooms for the last night. However, she only gave two rooms with one room havinga sleeping sofa. That room was supposed to be used by our relatives coming all the way from Canada and we'were so embrassed that we had to share the room. Worst of all, we were still charged for three rooms. Her attitude to my relatives were so bad that I never experienced in the States.

Another thing worth mention is since there is no air con in rooms, she said she'll compensate us by giving us a glass vase when we leave. But she didn't keep her word in the end.

Overall, we had such a bad experience here and wouldn't come back or recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
10 Thank Diana S
WellesleyBnB, Owner at Wellesley Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
I am sorry that your visit was not a happy one.

Five vehicles fit easily in my driveway if all headlights are aimed at the fence, as instructed. I rarely ever have 5 vehicles here. That day, there were four vehicles in my driveway. I recall a guest knocking on your door for 15 minutes as they heard you talking and you refused to answer the door. I was asked for help. I also heard talking in your room as I knocked to request that you move your car which was blocking another vehicle.

I have window unit air conditioners during summer months in all guest rooms. I have not had any complaints about air conditioning, ever, and did not hear any complaints from you during your visit. It would have been a 5 minute task to place a window air conditioner unit into your window.

The gift that was offered to you was declined upon your departure. You complimented me on how beautifully and elegantly the dining room table was set and expecially liked my serving platters. You wanted to know where you could purchase a glass pedistal cake platter as was on my table. I offered it to you as a gift, because you were so nice, always full of compliments and smiling all the time. I honestly do not know where to purchase this item, since I have enjoyed it for many years.

Upon departure, you and your daughter carefully examined and reviewed the statement for lodging. There was a deduction and some additions due to change orders and extra services. Your final bill slightly exceeded the original confirmed reservation. You seemed to be in a hurry, so rather than running your credit card a second time for a small additional fee, I offered a small discount on the final bill. You signed the receipt upon departure and provided me a generous cash gratuity. I am shocked to see your review 3 months later, with complaints, since you always smiled and seemed pleasant to me.

I am in the hospitality business and hope to please every guest to ensure a relaxing and lovely experience. I welcome special requests and am very easy to communicate with. I take my business very seriously and enjoy what I do, meeting guests from around the world.
Mendham, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Loved this B&B and will return. The bed was extraordinarily comfortable as were the pillows! More comfortable than any hotel or inn I have ever been in and probably more comfortable than my own bed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank pvb67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellesley
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
4.0 of 5 stars 357 reviews
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Boston Marriott Newton
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham

Been to Wellesley Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!