“Solid food with reliable service”
Review of The Cottage

The Cottage
Ranked #7 of 70 Restaurants in Wellesley
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Street
Description: The Cottage Wellesley has it’s origin in two different lifestyles. John grew up surfing the beaches of Southern California. Laura grew up in Wellesley and is the third generation in her family to have a business in town. Our decor, service and food reflect the casualness and familiarity of So Calif and the sophistication and warmth of New England. Please take a moment to say hello on your next visit. Welcome to the Cottage! — John + Laura
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Cottage is a Wellesley staple that pulls from a number of surrounding towns; their menu is not overwhelming and provides a good variety for every type of diner. You always see families with kids, older people, social groups and the like- so the people watching is as good as the food! On this particular visit I had the haddock which was perfectly cooked with a great tomato-based "salsa" on it while my boys relished the mac n' cheese (needs a little more seasoning) and the fish tacos. My wife ordered the salmon which was again perfectly cooked. The service is friendly and listened attentively as my kids had a few questions about their orders.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Food is not what it's cracked up to be. I'm surprised at the good reviews. To make matters worse, their management leaves much to be desired. Last fall, I went there with a friend and my daughter to celebrate my daughter's birthday. My friend was undergoing chemotherapy and could eat very little. She asked for a side of plain spaghetti with nothing on it. They charged her $12.00. For a small bowl of plain pasta! When we asked the waiter about it, he apologized and got the manager for us. The manager refused to do anything. Unbelievable. Disgraceful.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We arrived on time for our 11:30 birthday celebration brunch and were seated promptly, but it took an hour for our orders to arrive. I believe the problem was in the kitchen. When we questioned why our food was taking so long to arrive, the waitress said that everyone had arrived at once for brunch. This was true, as the restaurant was full, but in fact we did have a reservation; if the kitchen cannot handle more than a certain amount of tables, additional reservations should not be taken. The food was okay, nothing special; indeed, two orders of Eggs Benedict had nearly hard boiled eggs instead of poached ones. For the price, indeed for any price, our experience was unsatisfactory.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was disappointed to see the menu has been drastically reduced, but of the 8 main dishes they offer our group had the chicken, salmon and shrimp dishes and all were well liked. This place does get very busy so make reservations and it also can be difficult to talk with all the noise, The bar is also small and crowded and not somewhere I would go just for the scene.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Terrific restaurant for a quick family dinner. Cosy, friendly and great menu and food. Service was excellent and we like to stop in for dinner or Sunday brunch.