“Tuesday Night Two-fer”

Ranked #25 of 54 Restaurants in Webster
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

On Tuesday nights, the Lodge Restaurant offers two 1-1/2 pound Maine lobsters for $19 +change. Our family was visiting the area and being originally from the area we decided to try it. The meal was outstanding, the service was fantastic and you don't walk away from this place hungry. My family and I highly recommend the Lodge Restaurant.

1  Thank Richard T
There are newer reviews for The Lodge

Reviewed July 8, 2012

It's hard to find 5 star dining in a 3 star town. I think this place has been around as long as the town. The food is hit or miss depending what you order. The best options are steak, burgers, and most of the seafood. Most people go for the lobster special's which are delicious and you can't beat the price. They have a new all you can eat chicken on Sunday.The new salad bar is average, but items look fresh. The prime rib has always been great. All the other items are just so.so. I always say you have to remember where you are! This is a local spot, with local people. You walk into a bar area, but once the dining room is decent. Service is always friendly. So if your looking for a place with a decent meal at a fair price this is a good choice.

1  Thank Linda N
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The service was excellent, friendly,and quick. The menu was good with an excellent variety and not huge which usually means nothing stands out. I had the chicken kabob and the soup and salad bar is included in each entree. We shall return to this restaurant and expect to be pleased soon again

Reviewed May 21, 2012

The service was excellent, friendly, quick and not phoney. The menu was good with an excellent variety and not huge which usually means nothing stands out.

We each had fish and mine was fried and excellent while the wife had baked excellent scallops.

We shall return to this restaurant and expect to be pleased then also.

1  Thank allen w
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Upon entering, you are immediately in the bar. It's crowded, there are several televisions, and everyone's shouting. The bar should be isolated from the dining area period. Especially if you advertise being a family restaurant... We had to squeeze our way through, and the woman at the register behind the bar had to direct us to sit, because there was no hostess and no one to seat us... Nice.... By the way.... its never fun sitting in the dining area and having to listen to a bunch of men shouting expletives at the televisions. We should have left at that point.
However, we decided to ride this nightmare out and be seated. Lo and behold, there were 3 or 4 additional groups (couples etc) seated, for us, the tables that were unoccupied all had used dinnerware, cups, etc on them... so we were offered the dark table in the corner with zero lighting.... Nice... Thanks for offering to turn the lights up so we can read whats on the menu. There was ONE waitress... and it took about 10 minutes for her to get to us to get our drink order.... followed by an extremely long wait for our food... about 25 minutes.... I had to breakout a candy bar just for something to do while we waited.... A highlight was that we were allowed to have access to an empty salad bar, (advertised on the outside sign) which was completely devoid of salad, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and a variety of other addons. The salad bar might as well have been closed. Thanks for that. I had dressings at least, so I could've taken a raw swig of that to hold me over at least.
Just a sidenote, once our food did arrive, our waitress never even came back to check on us until we had finished.... another 30 minutes later.... We aren't super picky eaters, but our Marinated Chicken was undercooked, the rice pilaf had been sitting under a heat lamp for about 30 minutes prior to received (just speculating, but you can imagine the taste right?mmmm gross) Our sons fries were raw in the middle, and I'm pretty sure I will be near the toilet tonight from the two slightly undercooked shrimp I ate before I pushed the plate away in disgust. Dessert? No Thanks, I've been poisoned enough for one night.
The older gentleman who wiped down the tables... (the owner I can only imagine, as no one would hire this slob in real life.... had to hold his pants up with one hand as he cleaned tables, and wiped them down. As we were leaving, he was sitting at the bar with his friends drinking it up... Nice..... We didn't bother saying anything..... whats the point? $50 tab by the end $5 tip..... and dirty looks from us as we left... You're welcome. We won't be back here ever... Whats the number for that restaurant makeover show on tv?????

3  Thank Margaretta T