“lucky they have a spectacular view..”
Review of Point Breeze

Point Breeze
Ranked #19 of 54 Restaurants in Webster
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Whether you are looking for casual dining, a place to watch the game, grab a drink or live music/entertainment to host a private function or a place to get married, Point Breeze offers beautiful indoor and and outdoor settings on Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg perfect for any occasion.
Connecticut
“lucky they have a spectacular view..”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

despite growing up nearby in CT, have never been to Point Breeze. We decided to give it a shot because of the wonderful weather and great sunset views there. Several friends and family told me not to be expecting much from the food, but I had high hopes. The place was pretty busy for a Monday night and it was obvious the management didn't expect such a turnout because the wait staff was clearly overwhelmed. We waited for several minutes at the entrance where they say to wait to be seated, while the older female who appeared to be the manager barely acknowledged our presence then kept on about her business of firing away on a calculator and a stack of receipts. (which seems odd since its 2014 and every bar and restaurant has touch screen computers etc). Upon being seated we ordered beers which I must say were huge glasses, so I was happy about that. I ordered the "dinner size" fish and chips which the waitress said was bigger and came with soup and salad. It was one piece of fish about the size of the palm of your hand with a little pile of crinkle cut fries, a small cup of cole slaw and a little cup of white chowder....for $15. And it was luke warm at best. My wife got the baked stuffed shrimp which was four average sized shrimp propped up in a slurry of bread crumb/butter sauce about 2" deep....and that was also lukewarm and $17. Needless to say we were not impressed with the meal in the least and left quickly. I actually mentioned upon leaving that I was still hungry.

The view is spectacular and the drinks are good but dinner was a miss. Due to the close proximity to where we live and the views we will go back but not to eat. Its too bad the management doesn't take a little more pride in offering a higher quality meal, especially for those prices.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank beachbum393

Webster, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Point Breeze”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Service is to slow and food is just average. Lots of staff but they seem distracted from customers. Food delivered was not hot!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Karl K
Webster, Massachusetts
“Average but Great - Especially in the summer!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food is average, the decor is OK, and the entertainment is OK... The employees are very nice... (In the summer, be prepared to wait a bit...) There is something everyone will like for food... The bar is actually pretty nice... The location is fantastic!! Great to take the boat to and sit on the deck to enjoy the view...

• Visited March 2014
Webster,MA
“Go somewhere else.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I ordered a meal and told the waitress on several occasions that I was allergic to garlic and to please tell the chef. She assured me that she did. After an hour or longer wait, my meal was delivered and guess what? Garlic powder on the squash! Who puts garlic on squash? Any way I did ask to speak to the manager as I was very upset and worried about my garlic injeztion and he was less than interested! I will never go back there. Too long for my Neal and not interested in the customer st all. Even a fast food restaurant is more sympathetic to my allergy!!!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank donnab14
Millbury, Massachusetts
“Pretty Spot, Not Great Service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I like this place for the waterview and much of their food is good; the service IS a problem. It is way to slow most of the time. On the otherhand I really enjoy having a glass of wine and enjoying the view My feelings are mixed. But I do like this place

• Visited December 2013