“A Little Gem”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have wanted to try this place for awhile now and am so glad we did - It's only open for breakfast and lunch but is so worth going. Food is Good service is Great (if you get Diane it's a true experience - she is funny and experienced) - place is deceiving, looks like a hole in the wall but they have it set up for maximum seating - they do have counter service and it appears you can also get take-out but not positive. Usually a line but moves quickly - definitely suggest giving it a try.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went here for breakfast with our grandson. We arrived a little after 9AM and were immediately seated. Our waitress was very attentive throughout our meal. She was also very good with our grandson.

I got the pigs in a blanket and was disappointed. The tortilla was a little strange and the cheese was not melted. Also, the sausage was not very good. I thought the home fries were very bland.

My wife got the pancake sandwich which she enjoyed. The pancake was very good. She ate very few of the home fries

My grandson got a cheese omelet from the children's menu. He asked for sausage and broccoli to be added which it was. He also got hot chocolate (only a half a cup) with whipped cream. This was made just as ordered. I guess he likes the fact that they fill up the cup with whip cream when there is only a half cup of hot chocolate!

Overall, I thought the food was very average and the prices were a little high. I have been to many better breakfast places.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Mel's is one of our go-to choices for breakfast. Staff is very friendly and food is good but affordably priced. They always do a big "Mickey Mouse" pancake for our son, even though it isn't on the menu. It always moves pretty fast as well.

We're usually up early, so are there before 9:30am and get seated without an issue. Around 10:15am and after there's often a line out the door to get a table, so if you don't want to wait, get there before then.

3  Thank DianneOfficial
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The portions were big and the food was good. It’s a cute place and the service is fine. I would say it comparable to most breakfast places.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

We took my 94 year old father-in-law here and we were delighted. The place serves real food. It's a diner blast from the past. My father-in-law is in a wheelchair and they immediately accommodated him. He got the soup--which was excellent. I got the clam chowder which was absolutely wonderful. My father-in-law also wanted onion rings so we got those too, and I had to give myself a very stern talking to not to wolf them all down. This is a great family restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018