“Good breakfast, kid friendly”

Mel's Commonwealth Cafe
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Wayland
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Mel's is one of our go-to choices for breakfast. Staff is very friendly and food is good but affordably priced. They always do a big "Mickey Mouse" pancake for our son, even though it isn't on the menu. It always moves pretty fast as well.

We're usually up early, so are there before 9:30am and get seated without an issue. Around 10:15am and after there's often a line out the door to get a table, so if you don't want to wait, get there before then.

Date of visit: November 2018
3  Thank DianneOfficial

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The portions were big and the food was good. It’s a cute place and the service is fine. I would say it comparable to most breakfast places.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

We took my 94 year old father-in-law here and we were delighted. The place serves real food. It's a diner blast from the past. My father-in-law is in a wheelchair and they immediately accommodated him. He got the soup--which was excellent. I got the clam chowder which was absolutely wonderful. My father-in-law also wanted onion rings so we got those too, and I had to give myself a very stern talking to not to wolf them all down. This is a great family restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Stopped for lunch. Had a pastrami Rachel sandwich which was probably the best one I have had in a long time. A local spot you can count on for consistently tasty food.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

If you're in the Wayland area, a visit to Mel's is a must! They offer such a great variety of items for both breakfast and lunch. Their muffins are SO yummy! We always get a few to go. The staff are friendly and efficient. Can't go wrong here! I highly reccomend checking Mel's Commonwealth Cafe! I'm getting hungry just thinking about their delicious food!

Date of visit: August 2018