“Decent Breakfast”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

The portions were big and the food was good. It’s a cute place and the service is fine. I would say it comparable to most breakfast places.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 6, 2018

We took my 94 year old father-in-law here and we were delighted. The place serves real food. It's a diner blast from the past. My father-in-law is in a wheelchair and they immediately accommodated him. He got the soup--which was excellent. I got the clam chowder which was absolutely wonderful. My father-in-law also wanted onion rings so we got those too, and I had to give myself a very stern talking to not to wolf them all down. This is a great family restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Stopped for lunch. Had a pastrami Rachel sandwich which was probably the best one I have had in a long time. A local spot you can count on for consistently tasty food.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

If you're in the Wayland area, a visit to Mel's is a must! They offer such a great variety of items for both breakfast and lunch. Their muffins are SO yummy! We always get a few to go. The staff are friendly and efficient. Can't go wrong here! I highly reccomend checking Mel's Commonwealth Cafe! I'm getting hungry just thinking about their delicious food!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Why did we stop here.. the food was cold, no flavor. Service was poor, our server needed to be reminded of our existence at least twice, all while sitting at table 1. We will not be going back.

Date of visit: August 2018