“Cute Place”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

The decor is reminiscent of a 50’s diner and the service was friendly. The food was OK, neither bad nor great. If I were in town again, I’d likely stop and get a muffin from the display case and a coffee to go instead of sitting down for a meal (it looked like the locals were doing this).

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Have not been in years. This place has deteriorated terribly. Eggs Benedict had solid yolk, egg shell in the pigs in a blanket, undercooked steak and eggs. Will not return.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 12, 2018

It's been a fixture in Wayland for many years. The menu has extensive selections and moderately priced. They only do brunch on Sundays with special items. I've never been disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I stopped in for a late breakfast on a Monday morning. It was not crowded and the service was pretty slow. I had pancakes, which were good, but nothing outstanding. The coffee was pretty bland. I wouldn’t rush back as it was not cheap. Breakfast for 2 was $30.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I’m all about a good diner. This was my first time at Mel’s and I was jazzed about going, but my experience there can be described (at best) as very lukewarm.

My friend and I both ordered omelettes. Mine came with home-fries, but they were burnt and tasteless. The omelette was large, but it was greasy and not very flavorful. My friend swapped out the home-fries for fruit - good call. The coffee was bitter and only warm.

The total bill with tip was $36 - not cheap but the waitresses were all lovely and very accommodating. The food was served quickly so props to the cooks and waitstaff.

Date of visit: June 2018