“Great brunch and lunch place”

Mel's Commonwealth Cafe
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Wayland
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 12, 2018

It's been a fixture in Wayland for many years. The menu has extensive selections and moderately priced. They only do brunch on Sundays with special items. I've never been disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I stopped in for a late breakfast on a Monday morning. It was not crowded and the service was pretty slow. I had pancakes, which were good, but nothing outstanding. The coffee was pretty bland. I wouldn’t rush back as it was not cheap. Breakfast for 2 was $30.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I’m all about a good diner. This was my first time at Mel’s and I was jazzed about going, but my experience there can be described (at best) as very lukewarm.

My friend and I both ordered omelettes. Mine came with home-fries, but they were burnt and tasteless. The omelette was large, but it was greasy and not very flavorful. My friend swapped out the home-fries for fruit - good call. The coffee was bitter and only warm.

The total bill with tip was $36 - not cheap but the waitresses were all lovely and very accommodating. The food was served quickly so props to the cooks and waitstaff.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018

We hit up Mel's for breakfast on a recommendation. 4 of us samples a couple of dishes. The benedicts were a stand-out. The were well done and tasty. The group was iffy on the hollandaise (a little think for most), but you can add it on the side. Definetely worth another try

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Mel's is always busy. On Rte 30 it is easy to swing by. Breakfast is tasty and served all day and good size servings. Their coffee is awful! Prices are reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2017