“Brunch ”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I’m all about a good diner. This was my first time at Mel’s and I was jazzed about going, but my experience there can be described (at best) as very lukewarm.

My friend and I both ordered omelettes. Mine came with home-fries, but they were burnt and tasteless. The omelette was large, but it was greasy and not very flavorful. My friend swapped out the home-fries for fruit - good call. The coffee was bitter and only warm.

The total bill with tip was $36 - not cheap but the waitresses were all lovely and very accommodating. The food was served quickly so props to the cooks and waitstaff.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed March 3, 2018

We hit up Mel's for breakfast on a recommendation. 4 of us samples a couple of dishes. The benedicts were a stand-out. The were well done and tasty. The group was iffy on the hollandaise (a little think for most), but you can add it on the side. Definetely worth another try

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Mel's is always busy. On Rte 30 it is easy to swing by. Breakfast is tasty and served all day and good size servings. Their coffee is awful! Prices are reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed February 8, 2018

There nothing like a good Cafe and this is one. On February 5th, Channel 5 Chronicle did a story on this place. I was here for lunch. The breakfast menu looked great. I had a tuna melt and was not disappointed. The french fries were fresh. The Chicken Gumbo was spicing and tasted awesome. if I lived closer this would be a place I visited on a regular basis. The waitress was great. You can tell its family owned and operated. its a lot bigger on the inside than it looks.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 28, 2018

We shared eggs bennie over latke, and the hollandaise on the side. Enough to pour on my half to make it extra tasty. Eggs were PERFECT POACH, and quite frankly, the side of more potatoes was just overkill, because the dish itself was almost perfect!

Of course, you know I judge a diner by its pancakes, and we ordered just one. Not fluffy, not cakey, not hard, no aftertaste - just a good pancake. Really good.

Took some muffins to go - a corn (made in house) and a chocolate chip (sourced from Mendon?) - which we will grill in the morning and taste test. The place is spacious, kitschy, clean and friendly. Lorraine has been there for 20 years and on Saturdays and Sundays, this hard working mom from Framingham can walk you through the menu like there is no tomorrow and make you believe in the breakfast God's all over again! Nice people, great food, "ok" coffee, wonderful service. EVERYTHING you want in a nice breakfast. And cheap!

Date of visit: January 2018