“Nice family restaurant and good food”
Review of Greg's Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Greg's Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 107 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed June 18, 2013

After a visit to Mt. Auburn Cemetery we went to Greg's for lunch. It looks like an old bar & grille from the outside and it is. It's a 4th generation Italian restaurant with an entrance through the bar. The dining room has a tin ceiling, dark wood walls and several booths and tables. It is a suitable place to bring children.

We all went with luncheon specials that were reasonably priced, a lot of food and pretty tasty. Three of us had eggplant parmesan with a choice of ziti or linguine and soup or salad, for $8.95. I took half of mine home for lunch the next day. Another had a grilled chicken on a house salad which was huge and another had the special pastrami sandwich with fries or slaw for about $6.50 and took half the sandwich home. The eggplant parm was nicely coated and fried with sauce over it. The sauce could have used more seasoning but was OK and the pasta was cooked just right. It was a good meal and well priced. I would recommend Greg's.

There are newer reviews for Greg's Restaurant

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Greg's has been around for 25+ years and had a chance to return after a very long absents. Went there for lunch with 12 people and arrived just before noon. Able to get seated quickly and are order in before the noon time crowd can in. Service was great and everyone in the group enjoyed the food.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a great local place, they have a good early bird good food not fancy but delicious, old charm, has not changed in a long time, they have many long time local customers. Nice find if you are in the area visiting .

1  Thank carolab
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm surprised by the rave reviews. We were at a conference and looking for an Italian restaurant nearby. It's very small and was very loud by the time we were done eating. The temperature in the restaurant was too hot to feel relaxed. The food was okay. My husband liked his manicotti dish but said there was too much ricotta cheese. My steak was cooked perfectly but lacked seasoning. The salad was a small bowl of iceburg lettuce with 3 black olives and onions on top. I would not eat here again.

1  Thank smiths572
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I can't begin to say how great this place is. Family friendly, good food,always great people and I would be surprised if you could eat everything on your plate. So you even save more money to already very reasonable prices.Pasta,steaks, fish,chicken or veal parm etc.I could go on and on but now I'm hungry. Gotta go.

1  Thank BobW003