“Great place for a kebab and a beer!”
Review of Demo's Restaurant

Demo's Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 108 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Demo’s is a family owned ‘hole in the wall’ tucked away in Watertown square. It is not a fancy, romantic, white tablecloth type of a place (more like a nice neighborhood dive) but a great stop for a shish kebab and a beer.

You order and pay at the counter, then sit down at a table and they bring you your food when ready. The food is prepared to order so if you order a medium rare lamb kebab – that is what you get, mouthwateringly tender, cooked as asked with a side of fresh Greek salad and heavenly pita bread.

They do have other things on the menu (beef and chicken kebabs and other Greek specialties) but in the numerous times I have been there – I honestly haven't tried anything else. The Lamb is really that good!

Have a piece of the homemade Baklava for dessert, not exactly a diet food – but well worth it.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I cannot remember the last time I had (swooned) over a lamb shish kabob. I ordered the lunch sandwich and was blown away. Tender tasty, just right vegetables, soft chewy pita bread and homemade hummus, God can it get any better? YES! The price was right: inexpensive! Someone in another review wrote "just a step up from a cafeteria", who cares?! the food was great. I tasted my wife's chicken shish kabob and it was fantastic. Demos I have been told, has been around for thirty years, maybe more, because my wife remembers it from when she lived in Belmont Ma. and guess what it looks it! No fru-fru dishes, furnishings or "Greek" decorations, just a delight that I hope will be around for another thirty years. (BTW even the green pepper in the salad had a flavor and texture that I've never gotten from the supermarket or any other restaurant for that matter.)
Please do not go there it would be a shame if this place was discovered and my wife and I would have to make reservations to get seated!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Inexpensive, solid kebabs in a large pair of rooms. Nothing romantic but a nice option to mix in whn you are hungry and the wallet is light.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I am a returning customer after first eating here about 8 years ago. They have a great dinner selection and excellent traditional Greek dishes. They probably make one of the best gyros I ever had! I usually get take-out, because I choose the spot for their food, not the atmosphere. The cost is very affordable and they keep the prices reasonable through the years.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Demo’s has been around a while and that’s a good thing. They know how to keep you coming back with fair prices and really good food. The chicken kabob dinner is a favorite because they char-grill the chicken, skewer it with green peppers and white onions and give you enough to take home for lunch the next day. Rice or fries with that? I always take the rice. The side salad is nothing special but I guess I just like the oil they use on it. The moussaka, as one would expect, is hearty and filling. They also have a liquor license if you wish to partake.

Parking is on street and can be tough and the décor, although recently re-painted, will never win any interior decorating awards. Despite these details, Demo’s is still the best Greek place around Watertown and the surrounding area.