“good service - bad food”
Review of Verona Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Boston, Massachusetts
“good service - bad food”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

It was the first time we returned almost our full plate
Everything was oily, even the fries were bad

• Visited April 2011

Watertown
“I would never go back!”
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Our first time there at a function on a Sunday. They dished out pasta with sauce, chicken, and roast beef. ABSOLUTELY horrible stuff. The meat looked like it was 3 months old, tasteless, bad looking. The pasta was barely eatable with strange tomato sauce taste - 2 attempts at eating it and I left it on the plate. To make things even worse, I had a nice medium lenght curly hair on my plate, another shorter hair in homestyle salad that was served, and two small ones on tablecloth next to my seat. Forks were of various design as they are too cheap to standardize on one type. Inside was a cheap looking roman wall design with ceiling tiles spray painted in blue swirls to "enhance" the atmosphere , though one could see the age and water marks if looking closely. My advice --- don't even try the place with the $25 dual entree price any day/anytime (2 people for $25...includes entre, salad, soup, desert, coffee...must be hi quality food....)

Newton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely TERRIBLE!!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2008

WE go out from time to time and when our friends decided to have dinner locally and all four of us stopped in Verona Restaurant, we figured it must be a good place. It was BY FAR and without exaggeration the VERY WORST place I have ever been to that has the courage to call itself a "restaurant". Pasta dish was sticky and looked like it had been prepared 3 hours ago, the salad was horrible and even had a hair in it. We had ordered a fish plate and finally it came out - soft and mushy with lifeless things that were supposed to be french fries. I can honestly say that none of us had much of the food - we left most of it, paid, and got the heck out of that dump! I can just imagine what the kitchen must look like and probably has roaches crawling around at night! My advice - stay clear of the joint!! TERRIBLE!!!!!!

stoneham
“the worst restauant i have ever visited”
Reviewed April 2, 2008

This place was so ridiculous. There were 8 customers dining when we arrived at 730pm. I ordered a seafood special which was linguini with scallops, clams, and shrimp.

I waited 45 minutes before the meal arrived. It was the worst looking pasta dish i have ever seen in my life. The pasta had all congealed into one sticky ball and dispersed over the ball of sticky pasta were a few uncooked scallops and a few uncooked shrimp, then you could see there were at least 2 (1/2 inch strips of rubbery clams) . It smelled so bad and looked so horrible that for the first time in my life eating out, i just said NO!!!!!!! i am not eating this slop.
The waitress took one look at the dish and apologized and then told us there was no charge for anything. I dropped down a 5 dollar tip for her and walked out, then went to dinner elsewhere.

I would not recommend this place to my worst enemies.

If you go to eat there you will get what you deserve.

1 Thank goodadviceStoneham
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pasta was great but everything else was lacking.”
Reviewed February 2, 2008

Pasta was great but everything else was lacking.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook