“So far, I'm 2 for 2!! Can't wait to return for the trifecta!”
Review of Porcini's

Porcini's
Ranked #13 of 107 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brighton, MA
“So far, I'm 2 for 2!! Can't wait to return for the trifecta!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just returned from dinner at Porcini's in Watertown (belated birthday celebration for a friend). This was our second visit within the past year or so, and just as pleasant, if not even more so. We had a reservation for two, arrived a bit early, and were seated immediately. Amy, our server, was knowledgeable, accommodating and attentive, with a great upbeat personality. The warm Italian bread is served with a tasty white bean dip. I ate too much of that (what else is new). We enjoyed Amy's recommendation of a Riesling and a Chardonnay for starters. Then we shared the pan seared scallop appetizer: three perfectly cooked large, flavorful, succulent scallops, served with a bed of spinach. My friend ordered the scallop and shrimp gemelli pasta dish and I chose the Grand Marnier chicken. Both entrees were plated beautifully, tasted delicious, and were large enough portions to allow for leftovers for lunch the next day. Needless to say, we had no room for dessert, so I cannot comment on those selections. I look forward to returning to this small, neighborhood 'hidden gem' for more creative culinary treats.

• Visited April 2013

North Reading, Massachusetts
“Cute little Italian restaurant with big taste”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I had our first experience here as part of one of their wine tasting dinners. They started with a variety of absolutely delicious passed appetizers all of which I enjoyed with a nice champagne. The dinner also involved a taste of another 4 or so wines that were specifically paired with the different dishes being served. All of the food was wonderful all the way down to the dessert. I learned a lot about the wines and how to pair it perfectly with your food. Not to mention my wine glass was never empty for long as there was someone constantly walking around topping it off! I would definitely go again, perhaps for a regular dinner next time!

• Visited April 2013
Arlington, Massachusetts
“mediocre food, tacky ambiance - what's the big deal?”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Ate here last night with friends (who, incidentally, love the place). The room was large, rather cold (at least where we were sitting), and relatively barren of decor. There was a bit of a delay taking our initial orders, but after that our service was timely and attentive.

My wife and I both ordered pasta dishes. To Porcini's credit, the pasta was perfectly cooked - not soggy at all. But both dishes were bland beyond belief. I had penne with chicken, black olives (supposedly kalamata, but seemingly from a can), sun-dried tomatoes, and creamy garlic sauce. The chicken was overcooked and rubbery, the olives and tomatoes seemingly had the life blanched out of them, and I did not get a hint of garlic. My wife had pasta margherita with shrimp. Again the sauce was astoundingly bland, and the shrimp tasteless and seriously overcooked.

Perhaps if you didn't grow up with Italian food, or you have an aversion to spices, this place would hit the spot; maybe the thing to do is to order the steak & mashed potatoes. But I'm not likely to go back to find out.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank reluctantconsultant
Chelsea, Michigan
“Oh my! this was tasty!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Business dinner with group of coworkers. Service was very good! I wish I knew her name!!
We ordered hors d'ouerves which included the Mushroom streudel and the eggplant rollatini. My entree was the Greand Marnier Chicken and it was as good as the waitress described! I'd go back!

Visited December 2012
Boston
“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I loved the atmosphere and the food was amazing, this restaurant is the perfect for any occasion. I loved the fireplace.

Visited November 2012