“Restaurant really went down hill”
Review of Aegean Restaurant - CLOSED

Aegean Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Newton, MA
“Restaurant really went down hill”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I use to be a regular at this restaurant. It was reasonably prices, good food, and excellent service. We had not been there for over a year and decided to try it again.
Boy were we disappointed. Price went WAY up, quality of food WAY down and service awful
Bread was steal, lamb dry, and just plain awful. Save your money and eat elsewhere.
Would never go again!!!!

Visited August 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great affordable greek food and friendly service”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I always come back to my old neighborhood for the friendly service at Aegean.
We have a routine of going for massages at Cortiva and then gorging ourselves on the delicious treats, from the appetizers to the lamb dishes and honey laced desserts we both are usually in heaven. Thank You Stavaros for telling us that the restuarant was "our house", very welcoming. We will be returnining soon. Oh, and my sister in metrowest area loves the Framinghman location too!

• Visited June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Eat here (but only if you don't have taste buds)”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The only thing I like at Aegean is the house dressing. But Greek dressing SHOULD be good at a Greek restaurant!

Aaaaand... that's about it. This place is always filled with blue-haired beauties. Maybe because everything is soft and flavorless.

• Visited February 2012
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
“It's a "so so " experience”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Went back to the Aegean in Watertown to give it one more try. Called ahead to put our names on the list and they were very accommodating. The restaurant was full and there were many parties waiting to be seated. The bread and olive oil combo on the table was nice. I think that they did add humus in the past. I ordered the Vegetable Souvlaki and my husband the same. It was okay not great, too peppery and the potatoes had a strong lemon flavor that was overpowering! For desert we ordered an order of Baklava to share. It was very good. All in all I don't think that we would run back there, only if we were in the area and they didn't have too long a wait for a table.

• Visited April 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Charming and friendly greek”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Adorable interior in muted blue and white with 4-sided fireplace as the centerpiece of the room. Super-friendly service and flexible about substitutions. Delicious food including huge meat/rice stuffed grape leaves and perfectly char-grilled lamb kebabs. Parking can be a problem, but on this day it was fine.

• Visited March 2012