“Great food, and GF!”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: Mass Transit Bus: 70,71 and 59.
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We live in Watertown and my girlfriend is gluten-free. NYAJ is our hot spot! This location is cozy and the staff is great. Almost never a long wait, I usually book ahead with open table. They have one of the best gluten free menu's in the area, which is critical for us. You will enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Not Your Average Joe's

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Everything I ate here exceeded my expectations. They start you off with a serving of bread with dipping sauce flavored with parmesan and red pepper flakes that is really good, The chicken quesadilla with homemade pineapple and mango sauce was great, but on the second visit, the rosemary skewered scallops were such an amazing blend of flavors, I would try that again and again most likely. The scallops come with couscous which is mixed with squash, carrot, bacon, and some baby spinach leaves. It was a beautifully prepared dish that tasted even better than it looked.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Just ate a couple of hours ago here. NYAJ never disappoints. Our waitress was Devyn, who was the best waitress I have ever meet, personable, quick, polite, and alert. Our food was perfect. Devyn was constantly giving us refills on my watermelon lemonade and water, where most of the time you have to ask, but she was on top of everything. We gave a 25% tip since she was so good.

1  Thank Noah P
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We return to Boston after two years, straight from the airport to the restaurant.
Saturday night and the place is full.
A pint of Sam Adams October fest to wash 15 hours cross Atlantic flight away.
For me:-sirloin tips
grilled and served with sautéed green beans and garlic mashed potatoes-Heavenly!
For my wife:-three cheese pistachio
california pistachios, fresh rosemary, slivered red onion, parmesan, mozzarella, asiago and extra virgin olive oil - Superb !
We'll return tomorrow for sure.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We were impressed with the upscale casual atmosphere and cheerful decor.
Lunch began with a generous serving of home baked focaccia bread with a garlic/cheese olive oil dip. Our entrees included hand breaded, pan seared cod and the parmesan chicken tower. Both were excellent and reasonably priced. The portions are generous and the food is superior to most of the restaurants in this area.
Our server was Megan and she was efficient and pleasant.
We will definitely return.