“It's allways good to return”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: Mass Transit Bus: 70,71 and 59.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We return to Boston after two years, straight from the airport to the restaurant.
Saturday night and the place is full.
A pint of Sam Adams October fest to wash 15 hours cross Atlantic flight away.
For me:-sirloin tips
grilled and served with sautéed green beans and garlic mashed potatoes-Heavenly!
For my wife:-three cheese pistachio
california pistachios, fresh rosemary, slivered red onion, parmesan, mozzarella, asiago and extra virgin olive oil - Superb !
We'll return tomorrow for sure.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We were impressed with the upscale casual atmosphere and cheerful decor.
Lunch began with a generous serving of home baked focaccia bread with a garlic/cheese olive oil dip. Our entrees included hand breaded, pan seared cod and the parmesan chicken tower. Both were excellent and reasonably priced. The portions are generous and the food is superior to most of the restaurants in this area.
Our server was Megan and she was efficient and pleasant.
We will definitely return.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Love this place
I went here recently with friends in town. The food was yummy and drinks were good! Portions are very generous and atmosphere very relaxed. My go too place for fun relaxing night and cheap prices

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I haven't been disappointed yet by Not Your Average Joe's in Watertown. The seasonal cocktail, raspberry mint mojito was tasty and refreshing. My daughter had the summer pecan crusted chicken and she loved it. We shared the waldorf salad minus the nuts. I have a nut allergy and our waiter was very vigilant about ingredients to be sure I didn't get anything that would be a problem. His name was Evan and he was excellent. My chicken carbonara could have used more seasoning and a sauce that was as soupy so it didn't ally end up in the bottom of the bowl. I enjoy this place, but be aware that it is really noisy. The sound just bounces around the large open space.

1  Thank MLH828
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Not Your Average Joe's is such a neighborhood cornerstone. They always have interesting and delicious menu options that are consistently executed. The service is always on point. My favorite part of their menu is the wine list. They have an abundant amount of quality wines to choose from at unheard of prices. They even have a premium section which is by far the lowest priced you will see for these wines in a restaurant anywhere. They don't try to get the money out of your pocket the first time you walk in the door. They want you to come back again and again, and we do!

The "Peanut Butter Thing" is my birthday treat every year. It is amazing. I never regret devouring the whole thing...

1  Thank Ryan W