“Excellent Foodie experience in so many ways”

Strip-T's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 107 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Foodie experience in so many ways”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I heard about Strip T's from a Foodie colleague of mine. We were excited to visit and it didn't disappoint. Don't expect to be blown away by the view, the clean-but-no-frills restaurant interior - this place is all about the food. Greeter was very polite and chatted with us about the specials on the menu as we waited for a table.

What money you save by parking in the surrounding neighborhood you should expect to spend on your meal (even without alcohol). We loved the chicken nachos with egg on top and my skirt steak was excellent as well - both had wonderful flavors throughout.

You know a place is good when someone at the table next to you is using their DSLR and extended lens to get good shots!

Boston, Massachusetts
“For the Foodie as well as basic appetite”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I went here with girlfriends for a birthday celebration. Don't let the small menu scare you...you will all find something delicious to eat here. All the dishes are so flavorful and unique. Sophisticated and basic appetites will be pleased here! Sweet potatoes are a must! One comment - since the kitchen is so small, they bring items out as they are ready...I specifically wanted my sides with the meal, but they had to bring them early with the apps. They said this was a constraint of the kitchen space/timing. I hope they work this out, I'd love to have this timed differently. But otherwise, everything is superb!

• Visited December 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“Tasty, welcoming and more”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My brother and I dined here shortly before Christmas. The attitude was all diner (read: pleasant and fast service) with a lovely menu boasting of great kitchen talent. I had the eggplant banh-mi not because of the description but because I was intrigued to find such a dish here. It was so flavorful and beautifully composed -- I didn't miss having meat -- and that's a trick! My brother had a salad which was equally delicious. My golden standard: coffee quality. Strip-T's knocked my cup out of the park with freshness, bold flavor and a simple china mug. This one knocked it out of the park. Watch out Ribelle -- I'll be there soon!

• Visited December 2013
1,443 restaurant reviews
“Consistently Excellent Chow...”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I check in here every month or so and the place continues to impress if you like this sort of thing... imaginitave, well executed dishes with a lot of flavor served in a bare bones, almost hole-in-the-wall atmosphere. Standards haven't slipped a bit since the opening of the chef's second location (Ribelle in Brookline, also excellent). The wait staff has been there forever so they're knowledgable, efficient, and aim to please. Lunch and Dinner offer mostly different things so check menu's carefully if you've heard about a must-have dish. I love the place.

2 Thank WINEandTRAVEL
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bizarre”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Four of us met here a little past 6:30 last night. Started looking at the dinner menu and were dismayed both by the prices and the weird, all-over-the-place list of dishes (octopus?). My friend, who made the reservation, thought it was a burgers and fish-and-chips place. Which it looks like -- and which it is, but only if you order before 6:30. She persuaded the reluctant server to let two of us order those. I had two sides: brussels sprouts and japanese sweet potato wedges. Pretty good. The f&c were okay. The 4th person had the chicken wings, which she said were good. Over-priced ($12!!) glass of sangiovese. We split an apple pie dessert because we were told it was amazing. But it wasn't. As for the decor: Watertown bar meets chef who wants to be in Boston? Felt disjointed. And the servers were just a bit pretentious. (We cut him off in the middle of the genealogical narrative of the Wellfleet oysters. Sheesh.) Maybe I'd go back for lunch, but dinner? No way.

1 Thank pahill99