“Not as good as I expected”

Strip-T's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 107 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not as good as I expected”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Been waiting a long time to get to this restaurant, it has a lot of buzz, is tiny, so hard to get a reservation. Got there for my husband's birthday. I was not as knocked out as I expected to be. The food is very inventive, almost too self consciously so - not everything has to be weird. My tautog was very well prepared and the odd mixtures of sides worked well, as did my husband's steak. The donut dessert was a less so a success, the corn creme filling and basil sugar just did not work well together. The decor seems to go out of it's way to be uncomfortable, hard wooden benches and hard unpadded chairs - the bathroom is down right dangerous to use, they even have a sign on the door telling you to use extreme caution. I am just not a great fan of the uncomfortable dinner look at a not inexpensive restaurant. Service was ok, noise level pretty high. So, a mixed bag for me

• Visited October 2013

Vermont
“Culinary Creativity Unchained”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Strip Ts for dinner to Celebrate my & my eldest daughters birthdays. This restaurant once again simply Amazed me. The menu is relatively limited from a number of selections, however that is where the limits end. For adventurous eaters like us, this place is a bargain Mecca! The menu changes frequently, so speaking of specific dishes is moot. The prices are reasonable, food quality excellent, and during both my visits, the service was spot on.

North Easton, Massachusetts
“Exceeds Expectations”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband, mother-in-law, and I dined here this past weekend and has an amazing experience. From the salad, to the entrees, to the pie, everything was flavorful, excellently prepared, and truly delicious. If I had a complaint, it would be that they were out of a lot of items by the time we dined (9:00PM reservations) like every dessert besides 1 piece of pie, the special, as well as the wine we initially ordered. However, this was our fault due to trying to get a reservation last minute and being stuck with 9:00PM. Moral of the story? Make reservations in advance, everything is made to order!

Visited October 2013
Boston
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

For all of you "foodies" that are worried about travelling to far to the burbs, get over it and go to this place. You will need to make a reservation because they are packed most nights. The menu is innovative and fresh.

• Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“good food at good prices, gonna go again!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

PRO'S: staff, eclectic wine list, unique food menu that changes regularly, prices are quite reasonable for food quality

CON'S: small room (but not crowded elbow-to-elbow), bar seats are often reserved as well, requires a car to get there unless you are a local, bathroom would not be accessible for handicapped or those with difficulty ambulating, wine list is mostly for the adventurous, my personal taste is not a fan of the "savory" dessert trends (basil demiglaze and basil cream filling in my donut)

TIP'S: my flanksteak dish had TONS of flavors, we ordered all the apps for our table of 4, reservations "required", pre-arrange your taxi if that is your transportation, go hungry and enjoy!

• Visited September 2013