“Flan-tastic!”
Review of La Casa De Pedro

La Casa De Pedro
Reserve with OpenTable
La Casa De Pedro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, Spanish, Venezuelan
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: MBTA Bus 70 runs next to us
Description: Come experience a true taste of Venezuelan hospitality and fine Spanish cuisine in Watertown, MA, just minutes from downtown Boston and Cambridge. Sip a Passion Fruit Mojito or one of Pedro"s Specialty Margaritas while dining on our beautiful outdoor patio. Savor Venezuelan specialties like Pabellón Criollo, Camarones al Ajillo, Paella and other lovingly created Latin American dishes. Pedro's restaurant offers semiprivate dining for large groups and functions such as business meetings, private parties, wedding receptions, anniversaries and other celebrations. Share delicious, traditionally prepared Latin American food and drinks and create warm memories with friends and family… Join us in celebrating life, love and friendship amid the upbeat tempo and tropical color of Pedro's "casa" at The Arsenal on the Charles in Watertown.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went last night (Friday) with my fiance and a couple of friends for dinner. I couldn't have been pleased any more. We started with a couple of things from the tapas menu, Stephanies Nachos and Calamares a la Pedro. The nacos were awesome. very cheesy, tons of chicken and pork and the chips were baked just right. I highly recommend these. The calamari was a little different from your normal restaurant fare, it wasn't as fried and the poblano and jalapeno sauce was a pleasant departure from spaghetti sauce. Also very good. My fiance had the wild champagne sangria, which she loved. For dinner two of us had the Quesadilla de Carne Asada. The steak was plentifu as was the cheese and like the nachos they were cooked just right. They came with black bean rice, fried yucca and plantains that were very tasty as well. My other friend had the chicken enchiladas. She didn't love them, but thought they were good. The menu says the chicken was shredded, but it came out cubed. For dessert which he had a flavor of the flan. You could not go wrong with any of the three. They were fabulous. I topped off with a cup of coffee which was very good.

All in all I was very, very happy. We have already purchased a groupon for our next visit. La Casa de Pedro is highly recommended by this guy

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been consistently happy with Casa de Pedro. Good food (try the arepa a la reina pepillana - chicken & avocado stuffed flour tortilla) and big drinks.

Atmosphere is not the best (space is very large), but it makes flr good background noise for an easy dinner.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We enjoyed the food and the sultry latin american music. the live band is an excellent touch. I guess you can dance if you like.

I gave it a 4 because I did found that the "greeter" was not very welcoming. Everyone else including the waiter was very good.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been here a few times because my wife gets tired of our other dining spots. I always leave disappointed. It has an arrogance that far outweighs its food and service quality.The food has a heaviness to it that seems to stem from too much oil and deep frying. The service has a you don't look like our preferred type of customer so we'll treat you poorly.

The latest was a gem. I ordered a rack of lamb medium. The waitress said it takes a while to prepare, is that OK? Yes. Lamb medium.

Lamb arrives...undercooked. I take a few bites and then have to find the waitress to tell her this. I show it to her. She agrees it has been undercooked and takes it back.

Meanwhile my wife eats her dinner. I wait, I wait. The waitress cruises by our table a number of times and never says a word. What is taking so long to cook some lamb a bit longer? Finally a manager type comes over and explains to me that the chef wanted to start over.

Do you think someone could have mentioned that to me as soon as that decision was made? Do you think they could have offered me something in the meantime?

Finally the new rack of lamb arrives. It was decent not spectacular.

What did my wife and I get for my grief? Free dessert! Right from the playbook of an $12 entree chain restaurant. I thought for a moment I should say something and then decided to just pay the bill.

That way I'll remember to say no when my wife says let's go to La Casa De Pedro.

2  Thank akadoublej
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have eaten here a few times when nearby for business. I always have a delicious meal at a reasonable price. A very nice atmosphere. At my most recent visit, it was lunch and it was out on the patio on a warm day. The setting was so nice! Beautiful, colorful flower boxes all around the parameter. We had a very nice waiter and really could have spent all afternoon there if we didn't have to get back to work! Looking forward to my next visit!