“BEST RESTAURANT AROUND”

Charlie's Place
Ranked #17 of 47 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
massachusetts
“BEST RESTAURANT AROUND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

In the 25 years i have been going here i have NEVER had a bad meal or bad service!!! sit down dinning, take out and delivery all year round!!! the best Brockton style pizza!!! I go in for take out at least once a week, and me and my family go in about once a month to dine, the atmosphere is wonderful and very family oriented. Most of the staff has been there for years now and are excellent! Comes VERY highly recomended!!!!!!!!!

• Visited February 2011

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Rude owner/manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

Reading the last review jogged my memory about our visit to Charlie's last year. The food was ok, but not great. The waitress was fine, but the owner/manager was one of the rudest people I ever met.
We had just finished dining right near closing time. My wife and daughter went the ladies room. There were several people lingering at the bar, so I sat down to watch the end of the Red Sox game. It was a close one, so I was eager to catch even a minute. The owner/manager said they were closing. I told him I was waiting for my family in the restroom. He shut off the tv and said I had to leave.
Fine. They have an outdoor seating area with a tv. I went out and stood there watching while waiting for my family.
He came out, gave me an angry look, and shut off the tv.
I understand he wanted to close up, but what was the point of shooing me out and shutting off both tv sets? I couldn't leave and he knew it. What an unprofessional jerk.
There are lots of other restaurants in the area that have good food and are run by people who do not treat their customers like dirt.

4 Thank plymouthmaguy
Wareham, Massachusetts
“very disapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

We were at charlie's place and ordered a seafood plate. The scallops were bad, they tasted bitter and sharp. We could not eat the seafood because the taste of the scallops left a sharp taste in our mouth and spoiled our appetite. The owner charged us because he said we ate most of it. He was mistaken. My husband and I feel that he felt we were trying to get away with something, we were not. Charlie's Place lost a good customer.

3 Thank cn1223
US
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sure thing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

Even on a slow mid-winter Tuesday night, the food was excellent, the service good (if a bit rushed by the waitress who really wanted to go home) and the place very, very friendly. Wonderful kale soup, excellent pizza, and a surprisingly fresh pasta dish.

massachusetts
“EXCELLLENT FOOD AND ATMOSPHERE!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2008

This is very family oriented with a full menu!!! EXCELLENT PIZZA....GREAT WAITRESSES!!!!!

fun atmosphere!!!! tv's to watch games and a great small bar area!!! its a wonderful place to bring the family, i've been going there for 23 years with my family and i've enjoyed every meal i've had!!!!! They have take out too!!! its def a place to try!!!!!!!!