“CHARLIE'S PLACE RULES, ALL OTHERS DROOL TO BE SO GOOD.”
Review of Charlie's Place

Ranked #18 of 48 Restaurants in Wareham
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed January 2, 2012

There is a reason why this place is still here after all these years. The parents use to run it and now the two sons are running it now. The bad reviews on here are probably planted by the competition. I always say it is my favorite private owned, non chain restaurant in the entire area. My parents always went there before they passed away. It is a great eat in, take out, or delivery place. My aunt used to come from Western Mass and ask for uncooked pizzas to take home so she could have them in her location until her next visit.
Charlie & Harry You RULE>

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Ok.. so we don't eat the "normal" food. We can't do the cheese; but we like pizza. So we went to Charlie's Place .. after all the sign says best pizza in Mass. We ordered a pizza with no cheese, tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, red peppers and spinach. (yes Garlic is considered a topping)
First off the waitress told us that all the veggies could make the crust soggy and not cook all the way thru. I let her know they could pop the crust in the oven before putting on the veggies and that would help. She appeared to write that down. I was a little dismayed but accepted it. Whatever.
The pizza came. Lets just say whenever we have nothing but veggies on a pizza, the veggies should be the star. It was no where even close to what we expected. Not the worst, but not worth going back for. The toppings barely covered the pizza. It was mostly diced tomatoes.
THe good parts were that the tomato sauce was very tasty and the mushrooms were fresh. The bad part came with the bill. $18.00 was WAY too much to pay for a sparse pizza. We don't mind paying, but please put on some food.
Also, just a suggestion, but if they cut the redpeppers different than the diced tomatoes it would add a demension to the pizza and a patron could actually see them.

1  Thank CLB122
Reviewed February 3, 2011

My wife and I have had dinner at Charlies a few times and feel we are getting our monies worth. Tasty food, good service. I would recommend dinning here. He has a professional wait staff and many of them have been with there awhile and it is nice being waited on by the same person many times.

Reviewed February 2, 2011

In the 25 years i have been going here i have NEVER had a bad meal or bad service!!! sit down dinning, take out and delivery all year round!!! the best Brockton style pizza!!! I go in for take out at least once a week, and me and my family go in about once a month to dine, the atmosphere is wonderful and very family oriented. Most of the staff has been there for years now and are excellent! Comes VERY highly recomended!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed September 16, 2010

Reading the last review jogged my memory about our visit to Charlie's last year. The food was ok, but not great. The waitress was fine, but the owner/manager was one of the rudest people I ever met.
We had just finished dining right near closing time. My wife and daughter went the ladies room. There were several people lingering at the bar, so I sat down to watch the end of the Red Sox game. It was a close one, so I was eager to catch even a minute. The owner/manager said they were closing. I told him I was waiting for my family in the restroom. He shut off the tv and said I had to leave.
Fine. They have an outdoor seating area with a tv. I went out and stood there watching while waiting for my family.
He came out, gave me an angry look, and shut off the tv.
I understand he wanted to close up, but what was the point of shooing me out and shutting off both tv sets? I couldn't leave and he knew it. What an unprofessional jerk.
There are lots of other restaurants in the area that have good food and are run by people who do not treat their customers like dirt.

5  Thank plymouthmaguy

Been to Charlie's Place? Share your experiences!