“Mixed reviews are accurate -”

Narrows Crossing Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 47 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Massachusetts
“Mixed reviews are accurate -”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I were passing through Wareham right around lunch time and wanted to stop and get a bite to eat. A check of Trip Advisor gave several choices, but we wanted something with an outside ocean/water view and chose Narrows Crossing. We were quickly greeted and seated at a table for six, because it was against the windows looking out onto the water, which we thought was a very nice gesture since we were only a party of 2. The restaurant itself is very dated in both structure and furniture. We were disappointed there was no outdoor seating, but obviously this is well beyond our control. We were quickly greeted by our server, who was pleasant enough and took a drink order. Upon serving the drinks the food order was taken. We split an order of the fried calamari and it was solidly good, not greasy or chewey. We both opted to get the Lobster roll and swapped to the onion rings for a $1.00 upcharge. The lobster roll was just okay - nothing special. I have had enough to know that everyone makes them a bit different so not in criticism but for awareness the lobster was on a traditional New England hotdog bun, not toasted. It was flat on the plate with the lobster served atop it. The lobster was dry - no mayo or binder at all with diced celery. The meat itself was claw and knuckle, no tail meat that I or my wife could find. Not very flavorful at all, rather on the bland side. The onions rings were okay, but pretty greasy, which surprised us after the we had found the calamari not to be. All in all the reviews we read from great to dismal I could see and sense them all here - middle of the road for us. We wouldn't rush back for sure, but in a pinch wouldn't avoid it either.

• Visited June 2013

Boston (well, an hour south)
“Fish n chips”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I randomly found this place while out with my parents. We had the fish n chips and it was really great. The portion size of fish was good, but the fries could have been better. I also had the clam chowder. It was awesome - nice and thick. It's a place that is very low key, service was great, food good.

• Visited March 2013
Florida
“The opinons of high brows”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Interesting to note the negative remarks, for the most part, come from big city folk and the positive reviews ceome from others. One remarked... "leave it to the locals". Most restaurant critics will tell you the locals are the best source of leads for a restaurant. I live 1200 miles away, visit every summer for a week and eat here 4 or 5 times that week. Food is great, Wait staff is great. Nope... not the 4 Seasons but, who would expect that. Great food at fair prices well served and a hellluva view!!!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank CrappieCharlie
Honokaa, Hawaii, United States
“Not My Cup of Tea”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

If you love fried seafood this place is acceptable, but nothing to write home about. Might be better if the oil used for frying fish was changed more often.

On the upside - their breakfasts are okay.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Katrina F
Los Angeles, California
“ok lunch”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

had lunch here today with a friend. The waitress was very friendly and came back to the table several times to check on us, so no complaints about the service. I had the clam chowder which was tasty, but needed more clams. My friend had the clam roll, a HUGE serving of fried clams with french fries, cole slaw, etc. The clams were a bit greasy for my taste, but they had nice big bellies the way I like them. My friend ate everything on his plate. I've been here a number of times before. My dad used to love the scallops here. The view of the river is quite nice. I have never been here at night , so can't speak to the bar crowd..they do have a full bar license and the place may have a different feel at night..at lunchtime I'd say it has a family feel..not the best, not he worst.

• Visited August 2012