“good food- good price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Soleil
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Cape Cod, MA
“good food- good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I heard about this restaurant from a coworker. It is a very small establishment with minimal seating, but very quaint/relaxing atmosphere. The place does fill up quickly so go early! The staff are very friendly and helpful. I have had both the chicken marsala and chicken picatta and was pleased with both entrees. They do not have a lengthy bar menu... just your basic wine and beer. It is a nice place to grab dinner with your husband/wife or friends.
I have heard thru the grapevine that they will be expanding summer of 2014.

• Visited May 2014

Newton, Massachusetts
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had dinner last night at Cafe Soliel for the tfirst time, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
This is not a pretentious place (no extensitve wine list, just good production wines in splits), but the food and service are very good, prices very reasonable, and one sees why it is rated the best in Wareham. Very small dining room ( max 30 Chairs) and kitchen, and no significant waiting room. But both the employees and the clientele werre very congenial, and the food delicious. I had Veal marsala as a special and my wife had chicken piccata. Very nice desert in the key lime/coconut. Deserts servings were small, which I like.

We had to wait about 20-30 minutes at 7:45 or 8, but it was worth it. We were advised that Wednesdays and Thursdays are better, and also near opening and closing. It's worth the wait.

I told the proprietor that I would rate it a "1" so nobody would come, but I cannot tell a lie.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Chris M
Cape Cod
“Open 4 Nights a week for 4 Hours - NOT to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I heard about Café Soleil from a local Wareham resident I sat next too on a flight recently. The restaurant is in the old & refurbished Irene's Flower Shop building in the back portion of main street with a lovely view of the Wareham waterfront and the train tracks. The restaurant is very small + only open Wed - Sat from 4:30 - 8:30 pm. It has a very small dining area, so you may need to wait for a table. The varied menu offered something for everyone. We were amazed at the flashback prices, they were prices you'd pay back in 1990 ..... the baked haddock dinner was $10. The Salmon special of the evening was only $15.00. Our party of four had 2 cocktails each (6 glasses of wine and 2 beers), 4 dinner salads (2 garden & 2 Caesar), 2 Baked Haddock entree's, 2 Chicken Piccata entree's and we shared one chocolate cupcake dessert. Our bill was $89 before tip. The food was amazing, service was warm + friendly, felt like we were dining in their home. Leanne the owner/hostess along w/ her two sisters waiting on tables were outstanding! The restaurants been opened for 2 years, they do not advertise, they have no phone, it's all be word of mouth and it's a HUGE success. We will return soon and work our way thru the menu and enjoy this great eatery!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Basset_Mom
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Our new favorite - and a legend in the making !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Cafe Soleil has it all - extraordinary food, exemplary service, relaxing atmosphere, and unbeatable prices. The "mini-stuffer" appetizers were a new vision of an old favorite, crispy on the outside and discretely chewy - not tediously breaded. The clam chowder was just the right thickness, incredibly creamy with no hint of graininess and a pleasant balance of clams. We each ordered different entrees and raved so much we ended up trying each others, every one a delight. Perhaps because they are only open four nights a week, everything was at the absolute peak of freshness. The battered fish was wonderfully crisp, the baked fish was perfect, neither overly moist nor dry. The "put the lime in the cocoanut" pie was the epitome of lightness, and a smoother richer chocolate fudge cake is impossible to even imagine. Four people, four course meal with drinks, $120 plus tip. Astonishingly inexpensive - but these would be memorably great meals at any price.!

The service reflects the excellence in everything Cafe Soleil does. They were attentive but never obtrusive, always helpful, friendly, and extremely polite. We noticed the music only as we entered, tasteful and relaxing, unobtrusively complementing the wonderful view of the river from all tables.

There are some caveats. It is small and they are only open four nights a week, 4:30 to 8:30. The menu is not extensive, but every single offering is a gem and we can't wait to go back and enjoy more of them.

I recommend this restaurant with our reservation. Get there early and be prepared to savor every mouthful!

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank amerazor
NH
“Perfect spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I hate to recommend this restaurant because it is sooooooo good. It is small and I hate to miss out on getting a table at my favorite spot. I really want o be selfish and not tell people about it! LOL I like it that much. The prices are wonderful ,food delicious, love the staff.
Nice view of water.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Cafe Soleil? Share your experiences!