“Good food, quiet atmosphere, good price”
Review of Cafe Soleil

Cafe Soleil
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: American
Wareham, Massachusetts
“Good food, quiet atmosphere, good price”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Small restaurant but a good value. I had a cup of beef stew as tasty as any I ever had. I also had Mac and Cheese, ok, my wife had fish and chips, a wine and I had coffee and a mini brownie ice cream dessert. The bill including tip was less than $40. Good value, good food. Family run.
Very friendly staff. Might have to wait a bit and there is no bar or seats.

• Visited November 2013

Acushnet, Massachusetts
“A bit "Hidden" but a Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped in at Cafe Soleil without a reservation and were told it would be a short wait. The restaurant closes at 8:00 pm so we were concerned we'd never be seated in time but about 25 minutes later, after a couple of lingering diners finally left, we were given a nice booth by the window. By that time it was too dark to enjoy the waterview but we did get to see the train pass a couple of times. During the first 15 minutes or so of our wait we were standing at the rear of the restaurant near the kitchen as there is very little waiting room and most diners wait outside. Given our vantage point just outside the kitchen we were able to see all the dishes as they made their way to the diningroom. We all laughed as each of us changed our mind 2 or 3 times as we saw a new dish go by. Finally seated we orderd quite quickly and 2 of us started with chowder, not too thick and very flavorful. Our friend with some dietary issues ordered the fish in parchment which was lovely , well seasoned and very satisying.Her husband finally settled on the Chicken Piccata and enjoyed every bite. My husband and I chose the fish and chips, his the large and mine the smaller portion. Both were served on a "napkin" which looked like a page from an English Newspaper representing the authentic way Fish & Chips is served in England. A nice touch. Only 2 desserts are offered and are labled "cupcake size desserts" on the menu. Chocolate and Key Lime were the choices that night and each was quite good. Just the right size after a satisying and delicious meal. Our friends have eaten there since our visit together and have raved about it.
We are really looking forward to dining at Cafe Soleil again soon!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank FQRB
Plymouth
“great place! Were supposed to go again tonight but ill :(”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went to Cafe Soleil last Saturday night and we loved it. My mom had the fish without the stuffing and she said it was the best she had ever had! I had the chicken piccata..I loved it but would ask for more capers in the future...love my capers. My husband had the side salad..the salad was good but he likes honey mustard dressing...bringing it next time.

He was the one who wanted to go back to Cafe S., which would have been tonight.

We were all set to go again tonight for my husband's birthday but I have been sick for days...so sad!

Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow night.

• Visited September 2013
Cape Cod
“No Reservations”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

As local residents, we were excited to try this restaurant. They don't take reservations and it's small. We waited awhile and no one attempted to tell us how long we might wait. Place seemed to be disorganized; so, we left. No phone!

• Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Fish Cakes ever!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Three of us dined here 2 weeks ago. The special appetizer of the night was home made crab cakes ( made by the owner- cannot remember her name) They were absolutely the best ever. We only ordered one to share and promptly ordered 3 more- but they were sold out!!! I had Linguine with clam sauce and my husband and mother both had cod. Al 3 meals were great- fresh and lightly seasoned. The restaurant is right on Main St in Wareham but set back from the road so the windows face a swan laden pond (part of the Wareham River) and the Cape Cod train tracks. The new CC passenger train actually went by while we were eating and everyone was thrilled to see it ! This is probably the only place in Wareham that takes advantage of the water view on the backside of town- the rest of the town's shops and restaurants have the windows facing the street. My only complaint was that the restaurant has a limited supply of liquor ( NO Jameson's) and they serve wine in those blah small airline bottles so there is really no selection. ( This is probably due to the small size and no room for a bar)However, the best news is the price- I think our bill was less than $60.00 including 1 drink apiece, 3 entrees and 1 appetizer. How can you beat that and have a meal you truly enjoy in a charming small restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Janemichelle326

Been to Cafe Soleil? Share your experiences!