“A hidden gem in Wareham”
Review of Cafe Soleil

Cafe Soleil
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I went on the advice of a co worker. We are certainly glad we did. A very small place...seats maybe 32-35. Nice atmosphere..large windows overlooking the river. Not a huge menu but plenty of choices for anyone. My wife had the chowder (she said was excellent) and fish & chips.. (she had the small portion which was plenty and it came with a basket of tasty fries) I had a salad to start...a large salad...crisp, fresh & cold with a very tasty house dressing. My entree was the marinated sirloin tips over rice with butternut squash. The tips were fantastic and cooked perfectly medium rare.... Never even considered salt & pepper as it was not needed. The prices are also great....We can't wait to go back !

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been here several times with friends. Each time we have all tried something different. We have all enjoyed our selections. The waitstaff has always been friendly and helpful. We feel we have a gem fo a restaurant in town. We'll be going back often!

1  Thank annieg2003
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After hearing about his restaurant through word of mouth, too the ride to see it for myself. Upon entering and seeing the cozy warm decor we we greeted by the owner who makes you fell like you are having dinner at her home. We settled down in front of the window over looking the river which was lovely. We were waited on promptly and order our drinks as we checked out the menu. We ended up with the homemade meatloaf balls and the lemon shrimp, we started off with a great salad a cup of homemade chowder which was perfect. The prices are great for the portions, we both had lunch the next day. It is so worth a night out to have a great meal and enjoy the beautiful view.

1  Thank jean s
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Located on the rear side of Wareham's main street, this restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere from the welcome of the owner, to the interior decor and view. Been back many times and each time our different entree choices have been very good and the price always reasonable. Will continue to go back

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Visited Cafe Soleil, as it was recommended in Soco magazine. It was very cute with a nice homey feel to it, and a beautiful river view. For the most part it was a good experience, food was tasty and very reasonable priced with generous portions and the owner was very welcoming, however, I have two minor complaints, first while we were waiting to be seated I noticed one of the boys working in the kitchen picked up the fish and chips without gloves, which sort of turned me off; I just hope that portion was his! Secondly, when we were ordering coffee/tea I asked for milk on the side and the waitress informed me that they did not offer milk, only half and half which I found very odd. Most people prefer milk in their tea. It also it took quite awhile for the waitress to return to settle the bill, but in all fairness it was very busy. Overall, it was decent and I would return again.

Been to Cafe Soleil? Share your experiences!