“Hidden Gem on main st”

Cafe Soleil
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After hearing about his restaurant through word of mouth, too the ride to see it for myself. Upon entering and seeing the cozy warm decor we we greeted by the owner who makes you fell like you are having dinner at her home. We settled down in front of the window over looking the river which was lovely. We were waited on promptly and order our drinks as we checked out the menu. We ended up with the homemade meatloaf balls and the lemon shrimp, we started off with a great salad a cup of homemade chowder which was perfect. The prices are great for the portions, we both had lunch the next day. It is so worth a night out to have a great meal and enjoy the beautiful view.

1  Thank jean s

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Located on the rear side of Wareham's main street, this restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere from the welcome of the owner, to the interior decor and view. Been back many times and each time our different entree choices have been very good and the price always reasonable. Will continue to go back

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Visited Cafe Soleil, as it was recommended in Soco magazine. It was very cute with a nice homey feel to it, and a beautiful river view. For the most part it was a good experience, food was tasty and very reasonable priced with generous portions and the owner was very welcoming, however, I have two minor complaints, first while we were waiting to be seated I noticed one of the boys working in the kitchen picked up the fish and chips without gloves, which sort of turned me off; I just hope that portion was his! Secondly, when we were ordering coffee/tea I asked for milk on the side and the waitress informed me that they did not offer milk, only half and half which I found very odd. Most people prefer milk in their tea. It also it took quite awhile for the waitress to return to settle the bill, but in all fairness it was very busy. Overall, it was decent and I would return again.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a favorite of ours! This hidden gem is located behind the main branch of TD bank on the East side of Main St. in Wareham center. The fare is simple to complex. Their fish dishes are always cooked perfectly, one of my favorites is the Haddock in Pappilote. They serve the the original Hell's Blazes recipe, chowder, one of the best going! There is a great view of the water and an occasional passing train. The staff are friendly and very accommodating if you have food allergies or special requests. They serve wine and you'll be surprised at how reasonable the bill is at the end.

2  Thank MCPerkins7
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stumbled upon this wonderful little restaurant by accident and are so glad we did! The view, service and food were amazing..... Would definately return and highly recommend it

2  Thank travelbugs5143

Been to Cafe Soleil? Share your experiences!