“I will not be going back”
Review of Snows Restaurant - CLOSED

Snows Restaurant
Springfield, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will not be going back”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Nothing great about the food tossing around to much garlic on food does not make one a chef.Salad was from a bag and unwashed,meat was on the tough side ,the coffee was barley warm.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Chet A

“Local landmark/ limited ice cream flavors”
Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Snows has taken on Dresser Hillmmice cream. During a warm March day, we stopped by. Very limited flavors available. We will check later in the season.

There is also Janine's Ice Cream Shop in Ware which opens in early March. This shop is not on the list.

Also, Gheppettos restaurant in Ware is missing.

Finally, this app is unstable on my ipad2.

West Brookfield, Massachusetts
“Not just a seafood restaurant”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This restaurant has been under new ownership since the fall of 2011 and the quality has vastly improved. We’ve gone many years for their seafood but decided to try their advertised Thursday night prime rib special. The meat is very tender and well seasoned, some of the best I’ve had. They offer a choice of 10 oz. and 16 oz. The 10 oz. is $13.99, very reasonable. Comes with garden salad and bread. Baked potato was well cooked and fluffy. Their fried seafood is the best around and their baked seafood dishes are equally good. They also offer a Sunday brunch with an omelet station and a wide variety of choices that are all fairly good.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Weezi67
MA
“Just ok/average. Very reasonable prices.”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Stopped in for lunch.
Local restaurant, bigger than a diner, but similar fare.

Prices are extremely reasonable. Plenty of seating.
Food is average diner fare, although the burger had an interesting 'smoky' sauce.

Safe place to stop and eat. There are plenty of typical selections for sandwiches, burgers etc.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Scubach
Illinois
“Yum”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My very first time having friend lobster chunks. I was anticipating grease and hard/chewy lobster...not so! The lobster was fresh and flavorful and thankfully not greasy. It was also not chewy and was quite tasty - the butter was a nice accompaniment.

I also had the lobster roll. While it had a little too much mayo for me (I think that the lobster is good enough to stand on it's own), it was still delicious. I wish I could get those buns at home!

I was quite happy with my mid-afternoon lobster 'snack'!

• Visited October 2011