Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Hawthorne, Florida
“Sort of Creepy”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is a mecca for monied transients - people who are relocating, looking for work, got kicked out of the house, etc. I spent one night there when I had to get away from the room I was renting in a house in Waltham, where it was impossible to study because of the noise. As an out-of-town student, I didn't have many options. I went to this hotel thinking I would have a nice, quiet room in which to complete a paper I was working on. A barefoot, strange-looking man and a woman with a bunch of babies in the lobby, should have been my cue to run. On my floor, someone was cooking, and a foul odor of kimchee (fermented cabbage) permeated the halls. A dog in a room across the hall barked all night. People allowed their children to watch TV with the door open. There should be a law against some people owning pets or having children, and cooking kimchee in hotels. To say the place is unsavory, is an understatement. However, the room was adequate for short and long stays with. I had plenty room for one. The kitchen area was fine. The wifi worked well. Actually, everything I needed was there, but the noise and the vagabond-ish atmosphere ruined it for me. Needless to say, I didn't get any class work done.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave., responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello and thank you for recently reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. While I am happy you enjoyed your room and the wireless internet at the hotel I am very sorry to hear that some other guests detracted from your overall experience.

As an extended stay style hotel many of our guests do stay with us for a few weeks to a few months as they travel for work projects, relocate to the area, etc. Our goal is to provide a "home away from home" experience for our guests and we are proud to be able to offer all of our guests in-room kitchens which allow them not only the convenience, but also the cost savings, of not having to eat out every night. We take great effort to reduce any cooking odor as much as possible including carbon (odor-absorbing) stove hood filters, strong bathroom vent fans, windows that open to allow for fresh air, and a regular high pressure/steam cleaning of our heater/air conditioner units. I apologize that those efforts were not successful in keeping the aromas produced by another guest's cooking from reaching the hallway.

Should you ever have an experience, at our hotel or any hotel, when another guest is detracting from your stay please never hesitate to contact the front desk so that we may assist to the best of our ability. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bwl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Travelers also viewed these Waltham hotels
Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham
HYATT house Boston/Waltham
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
The Westin Waltham-Boston
Best Western TLC Hotel
Best Western TLC Hotel
#8 of 11 in Waltham

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.

Property: Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave.
Address: 32 4th Ave, Waltham, MA 02451-7507 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )
Location: United States > Massachusetts > Waltham
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Boston Waltham Hotel Waltham