“Pleasant meal”

South Street Market
Ranked #98 of 198 Restaurants in Waltham
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Very good food. My husband had a split pea and ham soup and an egg salad sandwich. I had chicken salad with cranberries and walnuts on a bed of greens. We went before the lunch hour so had time to talk with one of the women behind the counter for a while.

Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

This was a favorite meet up place for lunch with a friend. I emphasize "was". Our recent lunch was a big disappointment, the sandwich filling was very skimpy. The roll was overpowering and not much filling, including the lettuce and tomato. Wonder what happened. Not sure I will go back.

Reviewed November 20, 2015 via mobile

I stopped in after an interview while I waited for my ride and the place was so cute. A variety of sandwich, soup and salad options. I got a buff chick sandwich. It was good- pretty basic, but good for the price. The place has a towny feel and the people working there were very friendly and welcoming. I'd go back!

1  Thank Layne W
Reviewed April 21, 2015

Near the commuter rail stop, Brandeis U, it's the best sandwich & soup deli nearby. Their breads are freshly made and their soups and chili are really tasty. Also, their chocolate chip, heath bar, and oatmeal raisin (my favorite) cookies are worth the $1.25/piece price. Not cheap (like Subway) but it's high quality.

1  Thank Meelee K
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Interesting sandwiches made on fresh baked french bread. Hummus and Tuna are like nothing else I've tasted. Soups are very good, and heath bar cookies are life-changing. Yes, they're a little pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for.

1  Thank michelle j