“Tree Top is Our Thai Food Destination”

Tree Top Thai Cuisine
Ranked #38 of 190 Restaurants in Waltham
Cuisines: Thai
Cortlandt Manor
“Tree Top is Our Thai Food Destination”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Everyone in our party enjoyed the tasty and fresh Thai dishes.

Tree Top is a small, cozy restaurant with limited number of tables.

Summer Rolls, served chilled, would not order again. No one in our party could find any Shrimp, even microscopic particles. Pic uploaded.

Especially enjoyed the Basil-Basil with beef, $12. Others enjoyed their Yellow Curry with Tofu dishes. Choice of meats, or Tofu, offered. Pics uploaded.

No one offered us beer, so doubt they have beer or wine license.

Thoughtful service: One small error in ordering resulted in item being removed from check without asking...smart management.

Our group will return next visit to Waltham, and try other items on the menu.

Tip: Street parking is tight. Park in residential neighborhood around the corner.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank AisleSeat01

“Very Good Thai”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've been here several times and always had a good experience. The food is very good. The portions are medium-large. There is a lot of variety. The menu can seem a little overwhelming at first. The entrees that are advertised as spicy are somewhat spicy so don't worry about going for the very spicy foods if you like that sort of thing. The sauces are very rich in flavor and the presentation of the food is beautiful. They piled my rice up several times into a pyramid. Pricing is slightly above average but very good for a Thai place. There is not much room to park right outside the restaurant, but if you go down a local street there should be space. Or across the road is a grocery store where you can park. The service was surprisingly fast.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank g-raterr
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Best Traditional Thai in Waltham”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have frequented this restaurant many times, never walking away disappointed. Since Thai cuisine is among my favorites, I am always trying to find the best! The restaurant is very small, and one must really be on the lookout for it. The small lobby is very pleasant and traditional, at this point you can smell the wonderful aroma coming from the tiny kitchen. It's a family affair. The staff is very gracious in tradition and are helpful in recommending dishes for the first time goer. Their are around 12 tables, you get the idea. I find the ambiance very relaxing, a great way to eat a meal. They also do take out, which is a great option if you don't want to eat out.
Please be advised they do not serve any alcoholic beverages. It is one of my favorite haunts, and love the basil dishes. Remember I am very picky...Happy eating!!!

• Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pretty good food for a hole-in-the-wall kind of place”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food here is pretty tasty if you're looking to grab some Thai take out. The actual "restaurant" is very small and doesn't have great ambiance. From what I could see, the kitchen appeared to be clean (which is always a plus)!

• Visited September 2012
The Woodlands, Texas
“Hole in the wall with GREAT food”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Had a great evening with a friend. The service was slow but it may have been the conversation. The small dining area was perfect and the food was great. The waiter made suggestions when asked, helping my companion choose among several good options. My green curry could have had more spice but the pepper pots were on the table for me to adjust. I also could have had more sauce. But flavors were great. Because it was during a business trip, I don't think I would get back but I would highly recommend the visit. Prices were higher than other places in the US but it was greater Boston. The walls had great pencil sketches but not sure why - saw some of that on their website too. Had we asked I am sure that they would have pleasantly clued us in.

• Visited July 2012