“Awesome”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Auburn
“Awesome”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hotel was great...bathroom could have been a little bigger. Had a King Bed Room...closet was bigger than needed to be. Would stay and eat there again in a heart beat :) Was very centrally located to my daughters college which was very nice. I would recommend this to anyone to stay at.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Harry,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel. I know that you liked our Continental Breakfast. FYI, we are adding hot choices to our Continental Breakfast. I look forward to having you come stay with us again.

Waltham, MA 02451

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This pictures for this hotel are not a good representation of what you actually receive at the Best Western TLC. The room was stated as a King with a sofabed - we assumed it would be a spacious room, but were sorely disappointed in the square footage for the inflated price - $239! I could get a TWO-BEDROOM suite about 3 miles up the road for $190! Also, the room we requested was supposed to be non-smoking yet the first thing we noticed when we walked in was the very old smoke smell; like the room had once been a smoking room and not cleaned very well. When I tried to get a room that was truly non-smoking I was told none were available.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear jw102013,

I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay at our hotel. The BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel is newly renovated on the exterior and all 100 rooms have been completely upgraded. We have an on-site restaurant, free WiFi, free Continental Breakfast, free parking, a business center, and an indoor heated swimming pool and a fitness center. We are 100% smoke free and we are a GREEN Hotel. Our Front Desk is staffed around the clock and our Housekeeping Department has won several Housekeeping Excellence Awards. We are competitive with the area hotels and in fact, we are lower than most of them. Please call or e-mail me the next time you are in the area and I will discount your room rate so that I may be given a chance to show you a superior guest stay.

Maine
Reviewed October 27, 2013

When HI Express was not taking reservations a month ahead, I settled for this Best Western, a few feet away from the HIE. For what we paid, we could not be more pleased. The bed was comfortable, we had a microwave and refrigerator which always makes the stay more homey. The breakfast was adequate for our needs and included in the rate. I think we've found our new best motel for our occasional trips to Boston.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear kra_zquilter,

Thank you for the great comments. I am delighted that you are making the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel your new home away from home! Our rates are competitive with the area hotels. Just to let you know, we are adding new items to our breakfast buffet. Fresh cut fruit and and some hot choices are but a few of the offerings. I look forward to having you come stay with us in the future.

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and what a great base for a busy trip! The staff were excellent in giving directions and the breakfast was great! The room was very clean and although the parking lot was full and we saw quite a few other guests in the lobby and in breakfast not once did we hear a door shut or people walking by out room!

We were in and out of Boston and other towns in the surrounding area and the public transportion went right by the hotel so we could just step outside and catch the bus.

Just down the street and around the corner are a few nice shopping plazas with TJMaxx and a grocery store.

Thank you all at Best Western TLC, keep up the good work!!!

Room Tip: No matter where you stay the rooms are all newly renovated and you wont hear any noise!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear BAC21994,

WOW!!! I loved reading your review of our hotel. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so glad that you liked my staff and that you felt welcomed. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and clearly you agreed. The BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel keeps upgrading and it gets better every day. I look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Babylon, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Welcome environment, clean rooms, nice breakfast in the morning. Loved the new restaurant on premise, the menu was very extensive; maybe to a fault but the food was good. The hotel is a 15 minute drive to Boston which was very accomodating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the Copper House Tavern. Here at the BEST WESTERN TLC hotel we strive to give you a superior guest stay. Please contact me the next time you are in the area and I would be glad to make you a reservation at a good rate.

Dhahran, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Based on the rates offered in the area, I think this is the most affordable one. Rooms are clean, laid back environment, peace and tranquility and most of all really great hotel staff. Complementary breakfast is good if not great, some of the items are cold (boiled eggs) but overall a nice experience . Just one problem is the check out time; I requested the hotel manager if I could check out at 1PM (1 hour over-stay) but was denied. Don't know why they enforce this rule so strictly, could be better by relaxing the regulations a bit!

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Farooq,

Please accept my sincerest apologies with regards to the late check out. We do not deny late check outs and I will find out who was on and why this occurred. Thank you very much for the great comments and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the breakfast to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel has won several Housekeeping Excellence Awards. Please call or e-mail me for any future reservations and I will make sure that all your accommodations are to your satisfaction.

East Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The staff and breakfast is amazing!! Best Western pays attention to EVERY detail in a warm and friendly way. This is our THIRD stay in the last 5 months and will be returning soon. We have family in the area and this is a wonderful affordable clean place to stay. The GREAT breakfast is a bonus!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I was overwhelmed by your great review. We are working very hard to give our guests a superior experience at the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel. I know you loved our breakfast and you will love it even more because our Continental Breakfast is in the process of expanding and we are going to offer some hot choices and fresh cut fruits. I am pleased that the hotel staff made you feel welcome and accommodated your needs. The Housekeeping Manager will be so happy to hear that you found the hotel so clean. She prides herself on cleanliness of the rooms. In fact, this hotel had one several Housekeeping Excellence awards in the past few years. I will certainly post this review and I thank you for your praise.

Best regards,