“Best price for business meeting.”

Best Western TLC Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Reviewed August 31, 2013

While others were staying nearby for a business meeting right down the road, this was the best price I could find for 3 nights.
The room was large and clean. The bathrooms was very tight.
A quick breakfast of bagel and hard boiled eggs.
I cannot imagine staying here without a car.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear J David A,

Thank you for your great comments on our rooms and on our prices. We are newly renovated and we have won several Housekeeping Excellence Awards. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and our good customer service. We are in the process of upgrading our Continental Breakfast and we shall be offering a few hot choices. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I checked in at 10pm and when I went to the room on the sixth floor it was over 80 degrees. The a/c was turned off. Did they not know I was coming? Of course they did. The GFI receptacle in the bathroom was tripped and I could not reset it, I had to dry my hair in the main room with no mirror. The bathroom is so small you can't even turn around in it, the fiberglass tub had horrible scratches on the floor that looked like hair. The continental breakfast was very limited, the items that should be cold were not, the items that should be hot were not. $211 to spend 10 hours in this place is ridiculous, I feel cheated and Best Western should be ashamed of this place. No one thanked me for staying as I departed. Extremely poor in every respect.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank B

Dear Frank B,

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel. Please call or e-mail me so that we may discuss your stay and so that I may hear what you have to say in person. I will be speaking to the Property Manager about your room and about the breakfast. I will also be talking to my Front Desk staff and inquiring as to why you feel that you were not welcome. They most certainly should have thanked you for staying with us and they should have inquired about your stay. I appreciate your feedback and will use it to make the necessary improvements.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Rooms were big and clean. Very comfortable. The indoor pool was great and the breakfast, complete with waffles you could make yourself, was very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. We actually stayed in the hotel twice. Once for one night and once for a few. The first night they did not have an extra bed for us as we had reserved. That was tricky as we were travelling with three kids. On our next stay, we reserved a room with a king bed and a pull out sofa and that sufficed. I understood that they have since acquired more roll-away beds for their guests. Even with this inconvenience, I would recommend this hotel. Easy access to the highway and to stores and restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A d
Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear A D,

Thank you for your kind comments. I apologize for the mix up with your room the first time around. I am glad you enjoyed the amenities and that the Continental Breakfast was to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves here at the BEST WESTERN TLC on our cleanliness. Please contact me the next time you are in the area. I would love the opportunity to offer you an excellent rate on your next stay.

BEST WESTERN TLC hotel

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The hotel was clean and neat and the staff were helpful. I thought that the room was over-priced, probably because of its proximity to Route 128. I have had better rooms in other locations for less money, however the room met my needs for this occasion. The quality of the restaurant food was better than I expected, and the service was very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that the room met your needs. The restaurant food is quite good which is one reason that the Copper House Tavern is doing well. Cleanliness is very important to us and we have won Several Housekeeping Excellence awards. I will pass on comments to my staff.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This best western is undergoing renovations. It was clean, lots of parking. A new on site restaurant was coming but not open when we were there. That is the good part. However at 159.00 Plus tax seams a little steep for what you get. I stayed across the street for 99.00 bucks and got a hot breakfast. The breakfast here has much much to be desired. The most annoying thing is they have a guy guarding the toast as if it were a hunk of Kobe beef or something. The guy who takes your ticket was very rude and I felt like I was being profiled as he didn't ask everyone who entered the area if they had breakfast tickets. Just us select few. When back in the area I'll stay across the street at the HIE for a better deal and better treatment and hot breakfast.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ohiojo,

Thank you for the nice comments about the renovations. The BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel is looking really modern and fresh. The onsite restaurant, the Copper House Tavern, is open and doing well. I can share in your frustrations with the Continental Breakfast. We are in the process of revitalizing the menu and adding some hot choices. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced and I will talk to the Breakfast Room Manager about your concerns.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you intend to visit Boston, this hotel is a must. Great quality and great price. I recomended it ! Near a huge parking of a subway station is great to avoid the trafic. There is also a good restaurant on location but if you want more variety there is plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for the great comments. We are very convenient to public transportation and our hotel is newly renovated. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Indeed, the Copper House Tavern is an excellent restaurant and it has received wonderful revues.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel was nice, size of the rooms was huge, they had a swimming pool and a good and popular restaurant. For a foreigner, the breakfast was the greates disappointment. Too much sugar in everything - the only alternative was boiled eggs or fresh fruit. I guess this is America, but to not have a serious option was kind of a downfall, especially since you had to drive a while to get to any other breakfastplace. Yeah, and if you want to stay at this hotel, you really should have a car.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear minnea87,

I am happy to hear that you liked our hotel. We are newly renovated and the Copper House Tavern, the onsite restaurant, is doing very well. I can understand your frustrations with the Continental Breakfast. We are in the process of expanding our menu and we are going to offer some hot choices for our guests in the near future. We are listening and responding to your feedback.