“A wonderful experience”

Best Western TLC Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was just lovely, the staff were very accommodating and I would recommend this facility highly. The room decor was beautiful and reflected the Boston area. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable to sleep on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Marie,

Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am very pleased that you liked my staff and that you experienced a superior guest stay. Please come see us again the next time you are in the area. I would like to meet you and say thank you in person.

Margot Fenton,

There are newer reviews for Best Western TLC Hotel

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I came into the Boston area for a fun and interactive trip. I booked 2 nights at the TLC but was a bit concerned going in. As soon as we walked in my fears dispersed. The place ism kept very well and decor is real nice. We didn't use the pool or the bar but they looked like we would have been pleased with them as well.

The room was everything we needed it to be. The proverbial clean, comfortable room. Presented beautifully, everything we needed provided. Microave and fridge in the room were real key for us. Service was friendly all around.

All in all, it was the perfect hotel for what we needed it for. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mike,

I am so glad that you and your wife had such a wonderful visit at the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel. We have recently undergone a large renovation and it is nice to hear that you liked our rooms and that you found them comfortable. We pride ourselves on our commitment to cleanliness and we have won several Housekeeping Excellence awards. I hope that you will come stay with us again in the future and I look forward to meeting you in person.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stopped here for a night before going to Boston the next day, and it was a decent nights sleep. It was right off the highway and easy to get to, and you could get into Downtown Boston in 20 minutes.

For a quick nights stay it was just what we were looking for. Clean, comfortable and the staff was friendly when you arrived.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear raindrops554,

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel. Indeed, we are located only a short distance from Boston and we are right off the highway. Thank you for your positive feedback. We work hard to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice clean modern rooms. Great pub/restaurant within the hotel. Short drive to Riverside station to catch the train to Boston (only $2)! Booked hotel as didn't want to drive in Boston and worked out well!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Will R
Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Will,

Thank you for the great review. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms and that you liked our new decor. We are newly renovated both on the interior and on the exterior. The Copper House Tavern is a huge success and I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy it. Indeed, we are close to public transportation and it beats being stuck in Boston traffic.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was great. Very clean, comfortable, atmospheric. The only problem was that we had reserved a room with two beds and they said there were none left. My mother and I had a very long day and that was the last thing we wanted to hear...We got a cot and that was fine. My suggestion would be calling that morning to confirm and insist on getting what you reserved or are expecting. The free continental breakfast in the am was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Marie,

I want to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced her at the hotel. Unfortunately, we had a few rooms go down for maintenance which left us short on doubles. I would be happy to offer you a discount the next time you are in the area. I am glad to hear that you liked the decor and the cleanliness of our rooms. We are newly renovated both on the interior and on the exterior as well. We have been working on improving our complimentary breakfast and I'm happy that you enjoyed it.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Not sure if I've ever been to a hotel in recent memory where I heard the reply, "No" more often. We arrived at 2 PM - Before we even reached the desk we were told that Check in is at 3 PM! When pressed they found a room that was ready.

I have an ice pack for surgery recovery that needs to be frozen - not just cooled. I explained this to the front desk and they proceeded to tell me 2-3 times that I had a refrigerator in the room. Well I had already been to the room, looked at the "fridge" and it was just that - a fridge - no freezer compartment. I was told that there was no freezer in the hotel that could ice my pack. This is the first time since my surgery in April that I have not been cheerfully accommodated on that request.

This one was the strangest. Unlike most hotel, I didn't receive a bill under the door. We were headed back up to the room and I asked for our bill, meaning that would save time when we brought our things back down to the car. No! Cannot give me the bill until we are absolutely out of the room.

The final no came when we were headed back down (luggage in tow and ready to get our bill) and the elevator was broken - it opened on a maintenance man and was uneven. We finally figured that if we pressed the UP elevator button the other one would come to our floor. It did and we finally got to the lobby, but that elevator didn't run (or smell) too well either.

And if you want ice, you must go to the 4th floor (only!) - I've been to hotels where they alternate ice makers on even floors or whatever, but never a hotel with that many stories that only had one. And yes, I was trying to ice my knee with the ice since I couldn't get my icepack frozen in a freezer. Lots of walking that was really unnecessary.

I will say that the renovated restaurant attached to the hotel is really good. Have been there twice while staying in other hotels in the area.

Breakfast attendant was very friendly. We had a quick cup of coffee when it opened but ultimately had a full breakfast in town.

There were a number of high school students in for a football camp at Bentley University and I must say that they were respectful and well-behaved. Hotel has a policy of quiet hours at 11 PM. Nice to know that they enforce that sort of thing (though again - it wasn't a problem with this group at this time.)

Room Tip: 4th floor if you want ice conveniently.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Ontheroadagn,

I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced here at the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel. The refrigerators are all brand new, however, they don't have a separate freezer compartment. There are ice machines on the 4th and 6th floor. This facility does not have a walk in freezer or a place to freeze your ice pack. We do have 2 ice machines and ice buckets.This hotel does not offer an express check out and check in is at 3PM. My staff did the best they could to accommodate your needs and they checked you in early. It is a policy of this hotel not to check anyone out until they and all their belongings are out of the room. That way there is no confusion with regards to housekeeping or maintenance because the room appears vacant in the computer. My apologies with regards to the elevator. We had them serviced and the problem is now resolved.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Our room a/c kept cooling beyond thermostat setting. Had to get up several times during the night to turn it off and on to stay comfortable. No maintenance man. No satisfaction guarantee.
Great brew pub next door.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear NLBarnett,

Please accept my personal apology with regards to the temperature of your room. I notified the head of maintenance immediately after reading your survey. We are having the thermostat fixed. Unfortunately, we do not have a 24 hour maintenance crew. Please call me at the hotel so that we may discuss this further.