WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Brooklyn, New York, Usa
“One night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was accomadated while checking in a little early to change for a meeting. I got back at 5 PM and the air in the room was not working. They got me a new room in 2 minutes and service was excellent. Restaurant in the Hotel was fantastic too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Margot F, Manager at BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Michael.

I am glad that we could accommodate you with an early check in. I would like to apologize for the condition of the A/C in your room. I spoke to the Property Manager and we are replacing that unit. Michael, you are correct. The Best Western TLC Hotel has just completed major renovations to all of our guest rooms and to the exterior of the building as well. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant and I look forward to having you come stay with us again in the near future. Please feel free to call me at 781-419-7319 if I can be of any assistance.

Margot Fenton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Breakfast is served 7.00 on weekends. That was inconvenient since I had to leave at 7.15 for a graduation in the same town, so I rushed. The ring for the wakeup call was missed because it was so low, and I had to call the front desk for a complete toiletry set. Not sure if the tub was cleaned, because I could see faint signs of dirt. But the facilities were excellent.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Margot F, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Wearywander,

Please accept my apologies with regards to the issues you encountered during your stay. Breakfast is served at 7:00AM on the weekends but we could certainly have opened the doors earlier on the day of graduation if asked. I have spoken to the Housekeeping Manager and please rest assured that these issues will not happen again.

Hamden Ct
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Room was large with one queen bed that probably could have held two beds. Bathroom was designed by the same folks that design airplane bathrooms. I'm still nursing a toe I got jammed under the door trying to squeeze into bathroom. Air conditioner was on and off all night,very noisy could not handle size of the room as room was either too cold or hot. No wastebaskets in room and no iron. Looks like they just refurbished room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear James,

Please accept my personal apology with regards to the problems that you encountered during your stay. I am especially sorry that you jammed your toe and I wish that I had been able to express my sympathies in person. We have just completed a major renovation of our hotel which included all 100 of our guest rooms. James, Please call me at 781-890-7800 so that we may discuss these issues further and so that I can apologize in person.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was our second choice hotel, we needed this location for an early am meeting, and our 1st choice was fully booked. Bernie at the front desk couldn't have been nicer and the manager Rochester who did my reservation was a delight. Huge comfortable room but the bathroom was so small you couldn't close the door without practically jumping in the shower! Should be nicer when the restaurant is open after renovations so you don't have to leave to have dinner or drinks. Good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Margot F, Manager at BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hi Barbara,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding my staff. The hotel renovations are almost completed and the on site restaurant is now open. Please come stay with us again and come see the Best Western TLC Hotel at its finest.

380 Winter St.
Dover
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

when restaurant re-opens will be a very good place to stay , close to the T ,pool nice , small exercise room , breakfast basic = waffles , cereal , bagels , hotel is clean , bed was comfortable , sofa bed was not , front desk couldnt make change for a twenty dollar bill ((manager addressed when informed ) ( trainee ) ,

Room Tip: construction caused us to be switched from a room with two double beds to a king = one of our party...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Steven,

Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am happy to announce that the restaurant, the Copper House Tavern, is now open. It has a truly delightful atmosphere for dining and quite a nice bar. You can even dine Al Fresco. The hotel has now completed renovating all of our guest rooms as well as the exterior of the hotel. We have added more rooms with two beds in order to accommodate our guests. Please come stay with us again and see the changes in person.

Fox, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The price was good, the service was good, the breakfast was good. We've stayed here before and enjoyed our stay.

Currently undergoing renovation, so I don't know what comes next-- probably an unfortunate increase in the rates.

And... I didn't go to the pool, but the family members that did said that it was VERY cold. That's not good for a winter-time stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Weymouth, Massachusetts, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel because our power was out at home due to the snow storm.Hotel was excellent and a very good value for the money, I only wished the restaurant/ lounge had been open. It was very clean and thre staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family