Best Western Plus Waltham Boston
$118
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

$189
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $216/night.

$141
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$128
$110
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$129
Hampton.com
$119
Hotels.com
$149
Hyatt.com
$119
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$138
$103
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

All reviewscopper house taverngeneral manageryogurtbreakfast roomindoor poolpancakesrestaurant barvisiting familybed was comfortabledesk clerkroom was largewould definitely stay here againa great place to stayoff the highwayexcellent stayfree parkingfree breakfast
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Lobby is nice and the breakfast room is very large and clean. Probably the best hotel breakfast I have seen. They had a lot of choices, kept very clean. The room was outdated and musty. The wallpaper was peeling. On the plus side, the blackout curtains were great--very dark in the morning. The bathroom was clean but small and the towels were scratchy. Due to lack of exhaust fan in the bathroom, the room was musty. The bed was also a little on the soft side for my liking but my husband didn't mind. Convenient to the T station,less than 10 minute drive and a 30 minute ride into Boston.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Margot F, Manager at Best Western Plus Waltham Boston, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

I would like to offer my most heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience that our remodeling has caused. The hotel is in the midst of a major remodel of both the interior and the exterior of the building. The rooms are in the process of being completely renovated and updated and the restaurant will be open in just a few months. Thank you for your patience and the nice comments regarding our Continental breakfast. Your feedback is important to us so that improvements can be made.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

All the hotels in this pocket of hotels were full by 5pm, and this was the last one with any rooms. We had to pay something like $200 which was about $100 more than it was worth.

However, the room was basically ok. Some issues - there was this strange humming noise that periodically started and stopped during the night (not sure if it was internal or external to the hotel); and housekeeping chose to ignore our "do not disturb" sign.

The restaurant was under renovation so we had to go to The Naked Fish for dinner - which proved to be excellent.

But a good free breakfast was provided.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2012

On Sept. 30, I cancelled two reservations to stay at Best Western TLC, for a total of 10 days. The first reservation was for a stay that was supposed to begin on Oct. 2.

I made the two reservations in August, despite having read critical Web reviews that alleged bed bugs, grungy rooms, nasty personnel, poor breakfasts, near-elevator noise and construction noise.

At the end of August, i called the hotel's manager, Margot Fenton. I told her that I was concerned about the bad reviews. She assured me that the reviews were incorrect and unfair. She promised to put me in a newly renovated room. She read a computer entry that she was typing while we spoke, directing that a room be held for me. She mentioned Room 418 and said that she'd ask her "property manager' to pick the best room. She promised that she would personally put the number of the selected room in the computer AND call me about the selected room the next day. Ms. Fenton never called.

On Sept. 30, I called the hotel's front desk and asked if Room 418 or some other newly renovated room was being held for upcoming arrival. I was told that a note had been placed in the computer to "hold the room" but that no room had been selected. She suggested that I call Ms. Fenton "on Monday."

I canceled my two reservations because of Ms. Fenton's failure to keep her promises and after reading more critical reviews of the hotel.

From my point of view, Ms. Fenton is part of the problem at Best Western TLC.

I ended up staying at a nearby hotel. From the outside, the Best Western TLC looks old and dilapidated. It appeared that the Best Western TLC is undergoing outside renovations. That may explain the complaints about construction noise.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MusherMe
Reviewed October 9, 2012

First off my boss was treated like crap while trying to pay for this room, we went on business and only stayed one night. We arrived later in the evening, was taken down a dirty hallway that looked like it was stained with blood, the light didn't work and there was a lone lamp in the sink, the bed was stained, there was dust and grime and we asked twice to be moved and was told no. It was so loud too...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Cindy W
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Superb room. Perfect view from room. Cleanliness was ultimate. Professional and friendly staff. Good Breakfast. Near to Boston city.

I used the Boston city tour package which hotel recommended but I'll not recommend this if u r young. This tour is good for aged ppl. who just want to see everything inside the bus.

Waltham city taxi is good and reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple