“Did Not Live Up To It's Reputation”
Review of Tempo

Tempo
Reserve with OpenTable
Tempo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 193 Restaurants in Waltham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: High Street
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went to Tempo with co-workers after a meeting. I ordered the Cod with Sautéed Spinach, Shrimp and Scallop "Stuffing". After hearing about Tempo's reputation and reading about how much care they take to source only the freshest of seafood, I was really looking forward to this. I could write a standard review and describe the experience but sometimes one small exchange says it all. One of my co-workers ordered the same Cod special I did.
Me: How was your dinner? My fish was soggy.
Co worker: Really, because mine was dry and flavorless.
Me: Pretty disappointing.
Co worker: Well, it is Tuesday night, maybe it's not their best team in the kitchen.
Me: I just paid $30 for that plate, I don't care WHAT night of the week it is.
Co worker: You have a good point.

Another coworker had a plate delivered without his accompanying potatoes. Ten minutes later when they brought his plate back, it had potatoes but they were cold. The place seemed pretty bustling for a Tuesday night so maybe I should have ordered off of the regular menu, but I doubt I'll be back any time soon. It was mediocre and pretty pricey for that quality of food.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We have been to Tempo many times for both business and pleasure. Each time we have been pleasantly surprised that there is a Boston-esque bistro serviing high quality food, in the suburbs. With so many ethnic restaurants on Moody St. one might hesitate venturing to Tempo but, it is really worthwhile. The food, drink and service are what you would expect at the better restaurants in Boston. Noise level on a Saturday night is relatively high but, it doesn't take away from the dining experience. The menu spans the globe with Asian fusion, American comfort and mediterranean dished.This is a restaurant for singles, couples, families and groups.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We visited Tempo for the second time this year—the first was a company holiday party. The food and service for the party was fantastic. The subsequent regular dining experience was a still very enjoyable. The kitchen has a slow pace (everything is cooked to order when you finish the previous course). The noise level is high, but that doesn’t stop the very active bar and dining scene. Tempo is obviously a great place for a date—we saw many couples there. The seafood entrees (swordfish and scallops) were slightly overcooked, but the grilled Caesar salads were excellent. We had a chocolate cake for dessert which did not suffer from the usual gluten-free defects. The wine list had many options and provided us with a memorable wine for the evening.

1  Thank Brad F
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were here on a snowy night in late December 2012. The food is good--nothing outrageously innovative, but fresh and tasty. The service was not bad, and all in all we had a great dinner. I don't have much more of anything to say about Tempo as it's a pretty nondescript gastropub. Try the mussels (w/ sausage & white wine) appetizer.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have eaten at Tempo three times. Every meal has been excellent. They have a number of seafood dishes with very clever presentation and excellent ingredients. For example, they have a spicy shrimp and sea scallop dish which is awesome. Of course they have red meat dishes too. I had braised beef there in the past. You can just cut it with the edge of your fork. No knife needed.

Dress is informal.