“Tad expensive, but cheerful service and great food”
Review of Tempo

Tempo
Reserve with OpenTable
Tempo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 193 Restaurants in Waltham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: High Street
Reviewed September 8, 2012

First night in Waltham, some friends of mine introduced me to this great establishment. The atmosphere was classy but not oppressive, bright yet relaxed. (Music was a tad loud) Thought the prices were a little expensive, but the quality was high. Would go again.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Fun atmosphere, decent food - just a bit pricey for Waltham. For the money, I'd rather head into Boston.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The greeting by the hostesses and service level of the waiter were excellent! The dining room is comfortable and relaxed which certainly adds to the experience.

Overall we found our meals to be quite good but not very good or excellent due to the fact that every dish had one two many ingredients that stole our attention. For example, the Roasted Beet salad was beautifully presented BUT the dressing was laced with so much horseradish that is crushed the components of the dish. Also, the greens were mostly thick stems that we found to be strange. However, the beets were absolutely delicious.

The Pork chop was very good but slightly overcooked and again we found some of the spices to detract from the natural flavors we were seeking. We also found the scallops and shrimp dish to also be hijacked.

Would be go back, maybe....

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have been going to Tempo now for years, anytime I find myself in the Newtown / Waltham area. In fact, it is something I really look forward to. The food has been consistently great and service top notch. Pear and goat cheese salad a must. I also just had this awesome fig, carmelized onion tart ..... and I don't even like figs. Pulled pork tacos to die for. Half sized desserts (at 1/2 the price) is a great idea. I recommend seriously considering the specials on the blackboard. With that said, the menu changes enough that there are always a few tasty things to pick from. Space is small and can be a bit loud. While the place is high end american bistro, the prices IMHO are about 20% too high, especially the salads and appetizers. $2 less, and the same portion, and they would seem brilliant. I have been to plenty of want-a-be places that charge the same and don't deliver. Go and enjoy ! !

Reviewed July 25, 2012

It was a beautiful evening with no humidity and the restaurant (front) windows were open for the light breeze; it only added to the already enjoyable ambiance. We sat with another couple in a half circle booth. Our waiter was attentive and very friendly. The food was superb! You must order the guacamole and chips; it was freshly made and delicious! The specials were plentiful, making our dinner selections difficult because one sounded better than the next. All in all, we sat for over 2 hrs, enjoying every minute of the experience. We're definately going back...soon!